St. Philip’s College Project SURE STEM Scholar Internship Program
Prospective Partner Information
The St. Philip’s College Project SURE (Scaffolding Undergraduate Research Experiences), funded by a Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) and National Science Foundation (NSF) grant, partners with private-sector employers and non-profit governmental agencies to provide eligible St. Philip’s College STEM majors with internships that align with students’ field of study. Through the Project SURE STEM Scholars Internship Program, eligible students work with partnering employers with HBCU-NSF funds paying 100% of the interns’ wages.
Partnering employers determine the internship position(s) offered and the number of positions they want to fill. Students work between 10 and 19 hours per week and earn $20.00 per hour during their internship. Students will work a total of 240 hours.
Employers receive reviewed student cover letters and resumes to determine whether to offer an interview to an applicant. Employers commit to a student’s employment per semester and are required to accommodate the intern's academic class schedules.
Eligible partners may post internship positions for students majoring in the following majors/fields of study:
|Advanced Manufacturing Technology||Engineering|
|Automated Industrial Processing Electronics/Mechatronics||Geology|
|Biology||Information Technology Cybersecurity Specialist|
|Biomedical Engineering Technology||Mathematics|
|CISCO Network Professional||Physics|
|Civil Engineering||Power Generation & Alternative Energy|
|Computer Engineering Technology||Psychology|
|Construction Technology||STEM Teacher Education|
|Electrical Engineering||Web and Mobile Developer|
- Attend a Project SURE STEM Scholar Intern Prospective Partner Briefing
- Complete and sign a Partner Agreement
- Post internship position(s) on the Alamo Colleges job bank
- Receive student resumes and cover letters
- Interview candidates; Make job offers
- Submit intern timesheets in a timely manner
- Promotes available internships to eligible students
- Refers students for employment consideration
- Conducts basic criminal background checks
- Manages HR matters and issues payroll
- Funds 100% of intern wages through HBCU-NSF funding
Ready to Learn More?
Prospective Project SURE STEM Scholar Interns partners must attend a required one-hour virtual Employer Briefing, prior to receiving the St. Philip’s College Project SURE Partner Agreement.