Corporate, or private sector internships are opportunities offered by for-profit organizations. These types of internships are competitive because they are often paid, offer attractive work positions and can lead to job offers after student graduation. Paid internships are competitive, so start your search and application process early! We recommend attending a workshop or contacting our office a year in advance of when you’d like to start.
45% of employers expect graduates to have relevant work experience
|Info for Students||Info for Employers|
The Alamo Colleges District manages a job board where companies interested in hiring interns can post their positions. Additionally, many companies post summer internship opportunities on sites such as Indeed.com.
Internships, especially paid internships, are competitive. You should begin planning and preparing your resume, drafting your cover letter, and gathering your transcript and verification of enrollment about six months before applying.
- Most college internships are available in the summer
- Applications open between January and March, with work starting in late May or early June
- Attend an internship workshop in the fall semester or very early spring semester to learn how to prepare a competitive resume and cover letter.
Internship Application Workshops
- Several types of workshops are offered during the fall semester and early spring semester
- All offer guidance on developing your resume, cover letter and how to access academic documents
- Workshops differ on the emphasis on where to locate internship opportunities and how to navigate the websites
View the internship workshop schedule (LINK)
Alamo Colleges welcomes companies of all sizes to share internship opportunities for our students to consider.
We partner with companies providing internship opportunities that
- Offer only paid internships opportunities to students
- Provide beneficial learning and relevant career development opportunities
- Accommodate the student’s academic calendar
- Provide regular performance feedback, discussion of career development and workplace professionalism
Companies interested in submitting their internship opportunities should email a completed internship job description form (LINK) and a high-resolution logo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Companies interested in posting jobs for Alamo Colleges students should visit LINK. (from Cassandra Segura)