DL/IIC Mission Statement
The Northeast Lakeview College Distance
Learning and Instructional Innovation Centers will focus on providing students and instructors with
the highest quality experiences and support for learning in online
environments, including support for students in face-to-face courses
that utilize online learning tools. The DL/IIC will establish standards
for student-centered online learning, will develop programs and
resources that ensure faculty and students have all necessary resources
and tools for success in online learning, and will partner with
appropriate entities to provide faculty with professional development in
instructional design and pedagogy, course management, and appropriate
technology adoption and use.
- Invite faculty and staff to participate in the latest instructional best-practice research;
- Focus on “just-in-time” and not “just-in-case” professional development;
- Provide a model that focuses on learning of measureable outcomes and goes beyond mere training;
- Provide various modes of delivery that meet the needs of adult learners;
- Serve as a faculty and staff support and resource center; and
- Collaborate with other instructional support areas to ensure comprehensive support in all arenas of instructional innovation.
Professional development workshops are offered in the following areas:
- theory and practice in curriculum and instruction
- software applications
- development of online curriculum resources
- Internet-based course development
To be notified about future professional development training opportunities offered at Northeast Lakeview College, please fill out this form.