ACD Announces Return to Campus Plan for Fall 2020
July 14, 2020
Keeping the health and safety of its students, employees and the community first, the Alamo Colleges District today announced its Return to Campus Plan for the Fall 2020 semester.
According to an email sent to all employees, signed by Alamo Colleges District Board Chair Marcelo Casillas and Chancellor Dr. Mike Flores, this fall will look very similar to the way the district and its colleges have operated this summer, with most classes being held remotely, except for career and technical courses and some arts and sciences courses that may require face-to-face learning, up to 10% of capacity. Campus-specific plans also have been created to provide more details for each individual college and the District Support Operations and will be released later this week through next week.
“Student success and completion remain key priorities for the fall semester,” said Flores, “and a great deal of time and work has gone into creating this plan to provide faculty, staff and students with the resources, plans and support needed to prepare for fall,” he added.
“As we approach the fall semester, we have worked collaboratively across the district and disciplines, and among all levels of the organization, to develop a plan to begin a slow and careful return to campuses,” said Casillas. “We extend our deep gratitude for the work the teams have done to create this essential plan, that serves as a district-wide framework for COVID response,” he added.
Key points of the plan include:
- Essential DPS, IT, Facilities and CTE Support personnel will continue to work on-site.
- Student Services will maintain a one-stop, one-office, limited on-site student support location at each college (by appointment only)
to provide essential on-site student success services in Fall 2020.
- Face coverings will be worn by everyone on campus or district facilities and social distancing protocols will be followed. View the mask
procedure at https://www.alamo.edu/siteassets/district/about-us/leadership/board-of-trustees/policies-pdfs/section-c/c.2.1.9-
- All technology needs to continue to learn and work remotely will be addressed.
- Health screening and temperature checks will be required for all persons on campus in Summer and Fall 2020.
- No on-campus events will be held in Fall 2020.
- All travel is canceled for Fall 2020.
- All meetings/training will be virtual in Fall 2020.
- Operations will return to Level V “Stay Home, Work Safe” on 11/26/20 and remain at that level after Thanksgiving through the end
of the Fall 2020 term. For an explanation of levels, go to https://www.alamo.edu/siteassets/district/news/special-news/return-to-campus/covid-return-to-campus-chart-alamo-colleges-district.pdf
- Select colleges will support Metro Health COVID-19 testing on campus; all other third-party requests to use facilities, including training ecenters, must be approved by the college president.
College facilities access will be limited and must be coordinated through the vice president for college services.
- College Risk Management may reassign working spaces for individuals on-site to ensure social distancing and required occupancy levels.
- An incident report process and incident response plan will be in place, together with a close contact identification process and disinfecting
plan to deal with any persons on-site who are or become ill with COVID-19.
For the complete Return to Campus plan, go to https://www.alamo.edu/siteassets/district/news/special-news/return-to-campus/acd-return-to-campus-plan.pdf
“It is important to note that the Return to Campus Plan will constantly be updated as our knowledge and understanding of the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve in order to keep our employees, students and community safe,” said Flores.