Fiesta Medal Contest 2020
Northeast Lakeview College
“2020 Fiesta medal” Design Contest
Rules, Guidelines, and Submission
Be creative and design the Northeast Lakeview College Fiesta medal design. All designs meeting the minimum eligibility criteria and guidelines will be considered. One entry will be selected to be used for the official 2020 Northeast Lakeview College Fiesta medal.
Contest Entry cannot include:
(a) content that violates any third party rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights or trademark rights; (b) or conflict with another design of one of the other colleges and universities; (c) defamatory language; (d) threatening language; (e) language that is sexually explicit, obscene, or indecent; (f) language that promotes alcohol, tobacco, or drug use. Northeast Lakeview College reserves the right to disqualify entries at their discretion at any time.
- Entry must include a front design and be submitted online using ( .eps or .ai vector format) and be no smaller than 2 inches in diameter)
- The design must include the college name (Northeast Lakeview College), Year (Fiesta 2020), and phrase (Collaboration); or some combination thereof
- The design must not be more than a three-color process
- The design must the artist’s own original artwork
- The following background information is required for submissions:
- First and last name
- Banner ID
- College email address
- Overall quality and creativity in interpreting the subject matter for a coin
- Appropriate use of symbolism
- Clarity of idea and communication
- An appropriate level of detail for the scale and material of coins and medals
- Good design sense, composition, and balance of space
- Effective incorporation of the required text
Eligibility & Disclaimer:
- The contest is open to all NLC students currently attending NLC. No purchase necessary to win. Only one entry per person. Any attempt by a person to undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law. Winner’s name and entry will be publicized in college and external media outlets. An online form must be filled out in its entirety to be valid. By submitting an entry into this design contest, I agree to release the design to Northeast Lakeview College and I understand that modifications or adjustments to design are possible to fit final manufacturer specifications.
- Participants give Northeast Lakeview College, for the expressed purpose of promoting Northeast Lakeview College's programs and opportunities, the right and permission with respect to the submitted design, to use, reuse, publish and modify the design, whole or in part, in any medium.
- Participants release and discharge Northeast Lakeview College from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with the use of the photo and caption, including any and all claims for libel.
Submissions to The “2020 Northeast Lakeview College Fiesta medal” contest will be accepted: through December 6, 2019 (11:59 pm).
Entry verifications December 13-14, 2019
Final selection made and an announcement made: on or before December 17, 2019.
How the Winner will be Selected:
Entries will be reviewed by a committee of students and college officials and finalist(s) will be forwarded to the Northeast Lakeview College Executive Team for final selection. If no entry is suitable, then the contest will be closed and no winner announced.
The grand-prize winner whose design will be used on the official 2020 NLC Fiesta medal will receive a $500 scholarship.
Questions on the “2020 NLC Fiesta medal’ can be directed to the Northeast Lakeview College Office of Marketing & Communications at email@example.com or 210-486-5470