Veterans Center FAQ

How often do I need to submit my VA forms?

Every semester or any time there is a change to your schedule


When do I submit my DocuSign and supporting documents?

After you register in courses for the term.


What is a Certificate of Eligibility (COE)?

A COE is a letter you will receive via postal mail 4 to 6 weeks after you apply for the federal benefit. You can submit the application confirmation in lieu of the COE until it arrives if it is your first time applying for a benefit. Once your COE arrives, please send a scanned copy to


How to submit supporting documents?

You will need to attach all supporting documentation to the DocuSign using the paperclip icon on the second page of the VA Enrollment Request form.



What is the Claim Number for Chapter 35?

The claim number for Chapter 35 is the veteran’s 9-digit social security number and is to be stated in the second form of the VA Enrollment Request Form. 


What if one or more of my courses is cancelled?

You will need to submit a new DocuSign using the link:


What if I change my schedule?

You will need to submit a new DocuSign using the link after you have made the changes.


How do I change/update my residency if I am considered “Out-of-State”?

You will need to access the link provided and update with Admissions & Records with supporting documents.


What is the best way to contact Northeast Lakeview College’s Veteran Center?

Email us at during remote operating hours and allow 2-3 business days for a reply. Always send through your ACES student email and state your Banner ID for all correspondence for faster response time.


What is best way to contact the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs?

They are available by phone at 1-866-827-1000


How much money will I receive from my benefit?

Please access VA.Gov and use the search to find the “Comparison Tool”