Hispanic Heritage Month Art Contest
Date: October 4, 2018
- College, Northeast Lakeview College, Calendar, Students, Arts & Culture
As San Antonio celebrates its Tercentennial, all Northeast Lakeview College students are invited to participate in the Hispanic Heritage Month Art Contest presented by the History & Heritage Committee.
Art Theme: Celebrating Hispanic Heritage in San Antonio for 300 Years
$250 scholarship prize for winning Artwork!!!
Contest Instructions & Information
- Create a work of art highlighting how Hispanic-American heritage has played an important role in shaping San Antonio during the years 1718-2018
- Your art should demonstrate a deep understanding of the topic and the historical context.
- A committee of Northeast Lakeview College faculty will anonymously evaluate the artworks on historical quality, craftsmanship and relation to theme.
- Submission Deadline: On or before October 4th
- Submit actual artworks to: Don Carrington (NLC Campus, ARTS 119)
- Be sure to contact Don Carrington @ email@example.com to schedule a drop-off time.
- Place "Hispanic Heritage Month Art Contest" in the subject line of your email to schedule a time to drop-off your artwork.
- The winning artwork will be announced on October 10th at the Hispanic Heritage Month Event.
- Maximum size of 2-D artworks is 18" x 24." If your submitting a 3-D
- Work, the artwork, must not exceed 24" in any direction.
- Artwork must be original, and can't be a replica of another artwork in existence.
- Artwork must be of sound craftsmanship, be dry, and have no odor of fixatives, oils, and or glues.
- All artworks must have the artists full name, title of work, and the medium used written on the back, or underside of the artwork.
- Each artwork must adhere to the guidelines.
- Artworks may be denied if oil paints are applied to any surface. Acrylic paints are acceptable.
- Each artwork must reflect the contestant's own research, skill set, and original thinking.
- Only one (1) artwork may be submitted by each contestant.
- Contestants must be current NLC students enrolled for the Fall 2018 semester