Date: May 4, 2019
Location: St. Philip's College Heritage Room (in the Campus Center) and Watson Fine Arts Auditorium
- College, Northeast Lakeview College, Calendar, Students, Community
Empowering Males to Build Opportunities for Developing Independence
The program is designed to collaborate with established organizations and agencies to address the plight of an often overlooked demographic: young men of color. EMBODI is designed to address these issues through dialogue, and recommendations for change and action.
- What: 9th Annual EMBODI Men of Color Conference
- When: Saturday, May 4, 2019; 7:45am–2:30pm
- Where: St. Philip's College Bowden Alumni Center (Sutton Learning Center)
- Cost: Event is FREE!!
- Theme: Developing Men of Character
- Sponsored by: SPC, NLC, NVC, PAC, the San Antonio Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated, and the Myra Davis Hemmings Resource Center
- Participants: Middle School, High School, and College Men
- EMBODI Conference at a Glance: How can we inspire conference attendees to be/continue to be Men of Character?
Males who are high school seniors or college students are invited to participate in an essay contest.
A person that is considered to have good character exhibits attributes such as integrity, honesty, courage, loyalty, fortitude, and other important virtues that promote good behavior and habits. Moreover, character marks who we are as a person, and it also highly influences the choices that we make in our lives.
Using the above definition and characteristics of good character, describe a particular instance when you or someone you know displayed good character. Your essay should be 1 ½ - 2 pages double spaced typed.
- (2) $500 Scholarships – St. Philip's College
- (2) $500 Scholarship – The San Antonio Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- (1) $500 Scholarship – Northeast Lakeview College
- (2) $500 Scholarships – Palo Alto College
Please submit essays to Dr. Angela McPherson Williams (email@example.com). You must attend the conference to pick up your scholarship. If you cannot attend, you must send a representative to receive the scholarship.
This scholarship event is a collaboration between the following partners:
- St. Philip's College,
- Northeast Lakeview College,
- Northwest Vista College,
- Palo Alto College,
- the San Antonio Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated,
- and the Myra Davis Hemmings Resource Center.