The following non-U.S. citizens are eligible to establish and maintain a domicile in this state for the purposes of subsection (a)(2) or (3) under the Determination of Residency.
- A Permanent Resident: a student will need to submit an up-to-date copy of their Resident Card (I-551).
- A person who is eligible for permanent resident status: A person who has filed an I-485 application for permanent residency and has been issued a fee/filing receipt or notice of action by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) showing that his or her I-485 has been reviewed and has not been rejected. Students should submit their latest I-797 form.
- An eligible nonimmigrant who holds one of the types of visas posted on the Coordinating Board’s web site. Students will need to submit copies of their passport, visa, I-94, and other documents as requested.
- A person classified by the USCIS as a Refugee, Asylee, Parolee, Conditional Permanent Resident, or Temporary Resident
- Nonimmigrants (including undocumented citizens) may claim residency to Texas if they meet the following conditions:
- Graduated or will graduate from a Texas high school or receive their GED certificate in Texas.
- Resided in Texas for three years leading up to graduation from high school or received my GED certificate in Texas.
- Resided or will have resided in Texas for the 12 months prior the census date of the semester in which he/she will enroll.
- Has filed or will file an application to become a permanent resident at the earliest opportunity that he/she is eligible to do so.
- Students in this category must complete an Affidavit.
Student Commons Bldg (STCM 101)
Monday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Wednesday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday 8:00am – 7:00pm
Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
1st Saturday of every month 9:00am – 1:00pm
Call Center Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8:00am. - 5:00pm.