SPECIAL NOTICE: The NVC Dual Credit Office is closed until further notice. For assistance, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information in your email: Your full name, Banner ID#, and the high school you currently attend/will be attending, followed by your message.
Dual Credit for Homeschool Students
Northwest Vista College offers traditional dual credit to eligible homeschool students in our service area. The Core Curriculum Selection List can be used as a guide for the potential courses students can take. Final course eligibility will depend on student's transcript and test scores.
Before applying, please contact the NVC Dual Credit Department for detailed program information.
- Returning students: There is a possibility you may need to re-apply and/or take the TSI Assessment for the 2020-2021 program, if you did not register for and/or dropped courses during the previous semester.
The dual credit department can assist you with determining the need to re-apply and/or re-test.
- Check List for Homeschool Students
- Program Eligibility Packet:
- Apply Texas application
- Parent/Student Consent form
- Notarized High School Transcript with expected graduation date
- Proof of Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination - must be uploaded in ACES on the "Start Here" tab
- Test Scores
- Make an appointment for dual credit advising where you will turn in your forms - students must have test scores on file prior to scheduling advising
- Deadlines for Fall 2020:
- February 17, 2020 - Apply Texas Application for admission (Fall 2020 Entry Term)
- April 20, 2020 - Last day for dual credit advising and initial test score results
- June 4, 2020 - Final Registration requests and submission of re-test scores
*Dual Credit Students cannot register themselves, therefore you will need to email the dual credit department your course request before the June 4th deadline.
NOTE: Homeschool students must choose courses that will follow the high school curriculum they will need to complete in order to graduate.