To respect social distancing measures, beginning Monday, March 23rd all classes will be online and access to campus buildings, including the labs, will be restricted.
The CARES labs will continue to serve students by providing online tutoring with NVC tutors through: Brainfuse-TutorMatch.
Watch this short video for step by step instructions on how to access NVC tutors through Brainfuse https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLFQhU0eOPg
Students can also access scheduled tutoring sessions here via zoom https://alamo.zoom.us/j/98723708041
Please do not hesitate to contact me via email at email@example.com if you need any assistance.
For more information, click here
Integrated Reading and Writing (INRW)
Hours of Operation
Mon -Thurs: 9:00am - 6:00pm
Fridays and Saturdays: Closed
(Students may use JH 216 for INRW lab hours and assignments when this lab is closed)
Here you will find a place where students in Integrated Reading and Writing (INRW) classes may work individually or in groups with the aid of a tutor. These classes require lab hours.
• Discussing and approaching assignments
• Review of instructor comments on assignments previously submitted
• Questions about the reading/writing process
• Techniques for becoming a more active reader and writer
• Techniques for reading difficult texts and textbooks
• Reading and writing strategies
• Completing required lab assignments and lab hours
Academic Program Coordinator
College Level English Lab
The Advocacy Center