Online Tutoring for All NVC Students
Northwest Vista College, in partnership with Brainfuse, offers all students (students taking face to face, hybrid, or online courses) 300 minutes (5 hours) of free online tutoring services per semester in the following subjects:
- Math (including Statistics)
- English (Writing, Reading, Speech)
- Language Lab (Spanish)
- Science (Anatomy & Physiology, Biology, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physics)
- Social Science (History and Government)
- Business (Economics, Accounting, Finance)
- Computers and Technology (Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
If you have questions, contact Deborah Font at email@example.com
With Brainfuse you can:
– Connect with Live Tutoring.
– Submit your writing assignment for review by a tutor with Writing Lab.
– Send a question to a tutor and receive a reply.
– View thousands of Math and English lessons and quizzes in SkillSurfer and LEAP.
– View flashcards—or create your own—in FlashBulb.
– Form online study groups with MEET.
Follow these steps to get started:
- Log into ACES.
- Select the My Courses tab.
- Click on the Brainfuse Online Tutoring link.
In Your Canvas Course
- Open your course.
- Click on the Brainfuse Online Tutoring Link on the left-hand side.
For technical issues, you may contact Brainfuse directly at 1-866-Brainfuse or use the "Contact Us" Link inside Brainfuse.
Zoom Video Conference Tutoring
Tutors are also available in some areas through Zoom video conferencing. If this is available, a Zoom link will be provided on your Canvas home page.