***Campus will be closed Thursday, December 20th - Wednesday, January 2nd for our Winter Break.***
Limited Services will be offered Wednesday, December 19th. The Testing Office will be closing at 12:00pm
(no testing will take place on this date)
Admissions & Aid
AP and CLEP
The Northwest Vista College Assessment & Testing Office is a testing site for CLEP exams. If you are interested in taking a CLEP Exam, please review the available subjects listed on the CollegeBoard CLEP webpage.
- $20 NVC CL EP Proctoring Fee due on day of Test. Click Here to pay NVC CLEP Fee
- $87 College Board CLEP Fee. Click Here to Create a College Board CLEP Account to Pay
- Be Sure to review our CLEP Policy Guidelines before committing to your purchase, our office cannot refund you for this purchase as it is made through CollegeBoard.
- To schedule a CLEP Exam Click Here
- Show up at least 30 minutes ahead of scheduled time for CLEP Administration.
- Must have valid State/Government issued ID.
- Note: Biographical information on ID must match what is printed on CLEP Registration Ticket. Click Here for the CLEP Identification Policy
- Must have printed receipt for NVC CLEP Proctoring Fee
- Must have print out of CLEP Registration Ticket.
- Allow for at most 2 hours (3 hours if taking College Composition CLEP).
Requirements to Award AP and CLEP Credit
- Official Score Report from College Board must be sent to Northwest Vista College.
- Must meet the Credit by Exam Score Policy for AP and CLEP. Click Here to view CLEP/AP Credit Policy
- Successfully completed 6 credit hours at Northwest Vista College.
- Students may not earn more than 45 total hours of non-traditional credit.
- Credit by exam may not be awarded for a course given a grade. Exceptions:
- If withdrawn from course before census, Credit by exam may be awarded,
- If withdrawn from course after census, must wait six months from last day of that term.
- Students must submit a Credit by Exam Request to the Northwest Vista College Testing Office, specifying the courses they want to be awarded using their AP and/or CLEP scores.