The colleges of the Alamo Colleges District has suspended all in-person visits and staff will be serving students remotely. You may communicate with our department via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone at 210-486-4346 or our online Testing chat service.
Zoom Lobby Hours of Operation For Summer
Monday - Thursday
9:00 AM to 11:00 AM & 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Hours of Operation for Summer
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we remotely serve you!
The TSI Assessment is now available to be taken from home. Click here for information on taking the TSI from Home.
Beginning May 1st through June 20th, 2021 NVC will cover the cost of the TSI exam for all students who place a request during this time.
AP and CLEP
The CLEP administration has been suspended
At this time our campus has suspended CLEP Testing due to the COVID19 pandemic. UTSA Testing Center is currently offering in person testing to any student who wishes to take the exam. You can find information and availability here. College Board is also offering a CLEP from Home virtual option if you wish to complete the exam from home - you can find more information here.
Please note you must select to have your scores sent to our campus when signing up for either of these options.
CLEP Exams - Suspended
The Northwest Vista College Assessment & Testing Office is a testing site for CLEP exams. If you are interested in taking a CLEP Exam, please review the available subjects listed on the CollegeBoard CLEP webpage.
- $20 NVC CLEP Proctoring Fee due on day of Test. Click Here to pay NVC CLEP Fee
- $89 College Board CLEP Fee Click Here to Create a College Board CLEP Account to Pay
- Be Sure to review our CLEP Policy Guidelines before committing to your purchase, our office cannot refund you for this purchase as it is made through CollegeBoard.
- To schedule a CLEP Exam - Suspended
- Show up at least 30 minutes ahead of scheduled time for CLEP Administration.
- Must have valid State/Government issued ID.
- Note: Biographical information on ID must match what is printed on CLEP Registration Ticket. Click Here for the CLEP Identification Policy
- Must have printed receipt for NVC CLEP Proctoring Fee
- Must have print out of CLEP Registration Ticket.
- Allow for at most 2 hours (3 hours if taking College Composition CLEP).
Requirements to Award AP and CLEP Credit
- Official Score Report from College Board must be sent to Northwest Vista College.
- Must meet the Credit by Exam Score Policy for AP and CLEP. Click Here to view CLEP/AP Credit Policy
- Notice - AP Statistic course credit to award is under review for Fall 2020 that will change from Math 1442 to Math 1342. Fall 2020 Catalog will be updated after review.
- Successfully completed 6 credit hours at Northwest Vista College.
- Students may not earn more than 45 total hours of non-traditional credit.
- Credit by exam may not be awarded for a course given a grade. Exceptions:
- If withdrawn from course before census, Credit by exam may be awarded,
- If withdrawn from course after census, must wait six months from last day of that term.
- Students must submit a Credit by Exam Request to the Northwest Vista College Testing Office, specifying the courses they want to be awarded using their AP and/or CLEP scores.