AP and CLEP
Review the CLEP Exams Descriptions to learn about the exam. Click Here for CLEP Exam Descriptions.
- $20 NVC CLEP Fee due on day of Test. Click Here to pay NVC CLEP Fee
- $87 College Board CLEP Fee. Click Here to Create a College Board CLEP Account to Pay
- To schedule a CLEP Exam Click Here
- Show up at least 30 minutes of scheduled time for CLEP Administration.
- Must have valid State/Government issued ID. Click Here for the CLEP Identification Policy
- Must have print out of receipt of the Paid NVC CLEP Fee
- Must have print out of the CLEP Registration Ticket.
- Allow for at most 2 hours (3 hours if taking College Composition CLEP).
Grade Awarded for AP and CLEP Credit
Students taking the AP and/or CLEP test will earn equivalent college credit from Northwest Vista College according to the college's Credit by Exam Policy and the credit is treated as equal to a grade CR in the corresponding course (but is not included in GPA calculations).
Requirements to Award AP and CLEP Credit
- Official Score Report from College Board must be sent to Northwest Vista College.
- Must meet the Credit by Exam Score Policy for AP and CLEP. Click Here to view CLEP/AP Credit Policy
- Successfully completed 6 credit hours at Northwest Vista College.
- Students may not earn more than 45 total hours of non-traditional credit.
- Credit by exam may not be awarded for a course given a grade. Exceptions:
- If withdrawn from course before census, Credit by exam be awarded,
- If withdrawn from course after census, must wait six months from last day of that term.
- Students must submit a Credit by Exam Request to the Northwest Vista College Testing Office, specifying the courses they want to be awarded using their AP and/or CLEP scores. Click here to submit a Credit by Exam Request..
Location: Cypress Campus Center, 2nd Floor, Room CCC-207
Unapproved items are not allowed in testing rooms (this includes purses, book bags, laptops, cell phones, books, etc.). It is advised that you leave these items in a safe place while testing. Coin return lockers (quarter) are available on a first come first serve basis, and are not guaranteed. Testing staff is not responsible for holding items and you will not be allowed to test with any unapproved items in testing room.
Photo ID is required for all exams.
All exams must be completed in one sitting and by end of scheduled test times. If you require special accommodations, please visit the Access Office.
If you have any questions, please contact the Assessment and Testing Office at 210-486-4346 or email us at email@example.com.