NVC Wildcats Alumni Sponsor 1st Ever NVC Community Homecoming Court and Parade
Join the Northwest Vista College Wildcats Alumni and the NVC Family for a parade, live DJ, floats, and entertainment that brings people together to celebrate in a spirit of unity as we put the “Home in Homecoming!” There will be a student NVC Royal Court to include a Queen/King, Princess/Prince, food, free swag, games, vendors, and local businesses offering jobs to NVC students!
This is a Scholarship Fundraising Event, and 100% of proceeds go to NVC students for scholarships!
Would you like to promote your business to the West-side community, over 17,000 students, and over 2,000 faculty and staff members? Would you like to have direct access to a talent pipeline from the #1 Ranked Community College in San Antonio? If so, we have multiple options for you. You can rent a booth for $50.00, march in the parade for $50.00, or $100.00 for both! If you march in the parade, you will have 2 minutes to promote your company or organization to the public. If you rent a booth, please feel free to hand out swag to the students, bring literature about your company, and provide QR codes with any available jobs you have.
Start time and date
The NVC Homecoming Festivities begin at 11:00 a.m. and end at 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 22, 2022, at the Desert Willow Welcome Center. The Parade begins at 12:15 pm near Red Bud Learning Center (RLC), 3535 N. Ellison Drive San Antonio, TX. The parade will end at the Desert Willow Welcome Center (DWWC).
Event Date: Thursday, September 22, 2022. The deadline to register without penalty is Thursday, September 15, 2022, by 5:00 pm. Late fees will be charged after this date.
Step 1: Register For The Parade Here
Step 2: Pay Here (Community Members)
Apply To Be On The Royal Court
Click Here To View Map
- Parade Entry Deadline: 5 pm, Thursday, September 15, 2022; Late fees charged after this date
- Line-up Time: 11:45 am to 12:10 pm, Thursday, September 22, 2022
- Line-up Location: Northwest Vista College 3535 N. Ellison Drive San Antonio, TX 78251
- Parade: 12:15-1:15 pm, begins near Red Bud Learning Center (RLC) and ends at Desert Willow Welcome Center Parking Lot
Pay the registration fee online here. Registration fees are non-refundable.
Entry Categories and Costs
On-campus golf cart – (no charge)
- Military Marching Unit – (No charge)
- HS Band – (No charge)
- Business Organization – $50 (increases to $75 after deadline)
- NVC student club/org/ or department- (no charge)
- Adult Dance Group with Music $50 (increases to $75 after deadline)
- NVC Club/Org/or Department- (no charge)
- Business or Vendor- $50 (increases to $75 after deadline)
All vehicles and/or walking groups must have identifiable signs on both sides of their vehicle or leading the group.
Parade Entry Guidelines
All parade entrants are asked to observe the following guidelines, and supply information where requested to assist the Homecoming Parade Committee in the proper planning of the event.
Register EARLY – Spaces are limited! The deadline to register without penalty is Thursday, September 15, 2022, by 5 PM.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE REGISTERED.
- All parade participants must comply with current traffic laws and regulations. For everyone’s safety, we ask all golf carts to refrain from excessive acceleration, wheelies, burnouts, etc.
- Drivers of all golf carts must be Alamo Colleges employees and have a valid driver’s license.
- Absolutely no drugs, alcoholic beverages, or consumption of alcohol is permitted in the parade. Any participant judged to be in possession of or under the influence of alcohol, or any other substance, shall be asked to leave and subject to removal if not done.
- Walking Units will be allowed to perform at the President & Alumni Viewing Stand (two-minute limit) in front of Desert Willow Welcome Center (DWWC).
- Candy, prizes, novelty items, or any other items may be thrown from the parade participants.
- No loud or profane music is allowed during the parade. All dance teams must refrain from lewd and suggestive routines.
- No weapons are allowed in the parade.
- The parade line-up will start at 11:45 am. To facilitate a smooth parade route transition, all units must be in place by 12:00 pm. After 12:05 pm, your spot in the parade will be forfeited and you may not be allowed to participate in the parade. The parade will begin promptly at 12:15 pm.
- We reserve the right to deny an individual/organization’s entry into the parade. SAFETY IS OUR #1 CONCERN!
- All golf carts or groups must have an identifiable sign of their organization on BOTH sides of the golf cart or in the front of the walking group.
- Only paid and registered participants will be allowed to participate on parade day.
- Individuals/organizations that do not cooperate with these rules/regulations and/or parade officials will be removed from the parade lineup and may not be allowed to participate in future NVC activities.
- The NVC Alumni Parade Committee will assign entry numbers, and participants will be given their numbers prior to the Parade. Final Parade placement is subject to change for the best presentation during the Parade.
- Golf Carts/Marchers will be judged based on the following criteria for a total of 100 points:
- Originality – 50 points
- Adherence to NVC Colors/Culture – 30 points
- General Appearance – 20 points
- Golf Carts/Marchers will be judged and prizes awarded as follows:
- 1st place – $250
- 2nd Place – $100
- Winners will be announced during the event @ 1:00 pm.
- Late entries may not be judged.
- You may email applications to Dr. Lisa McGoldrick at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more details or questions, call 252-626-3361.
- Please click the following link for online payments.
Homecoming Participation Waiver and Release of Liability
- The Participant understands that participation activities may require a variety of skills, physical exertion, weather, and exposure to various other parade participants.
- The Participant does hereby freely and voluntarily execute this Waiver and Release of Liability in accordance with the following terms:
- Waivers and Release. Participant does hereby release, hold harmless and discharge Northwest Vista College, their officers, directors, employees, and agents including the Northwest Vista College Homecoming Parade Committee and its members, employees and agents (hereafter, “Releasees”) from any claim, demand or liability that arises from such participation.
- Participant understands and acknowledges that this Waiver and Release discharges the Releasees from any liability or claim that the Participant may have against the Releasees with respect to any bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death or property damage that may result from Participant’s participation in said event whether or not caused by the negligence of the Releasees. Participant also understands that, except as otherwise agreed to in writing, the Releasees do not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health, or disability insurance.
- Assumption of Risk. The Participant understands that other entities and individuals will participate in the event and that such other participants may use motorized vehicles, perform with items, animals, and equipment and engage in activities that may result in injury or death. The Participant hereby expressly and specifically assumes the risk of injury or harm associated with and arising from such activities by other participants. Further Participant agrees to hold-harmless and indemnifies Releasees for injuries, damages, or demands that arise from Participant’s participation in the event.
- Grant of Media Rights. Participant does hereby grant Northwest Vista College all rights, title, and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by Northwest Vista College University during the event including, but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
- Non-Employment. Participant does hereby confirm and acknowledge that participation is voluntarily and further acknowledges and agrees that Participant is not an employee or agent of Releasees and is entitled to receive no pay, benefits, or other privileges of employment of any kind for participation in the event or for costs incurred for participating in the event, including, but not limited to, salary, travel, parking, transportation, or any other expense whatsoever that is incidental to Participant’s participation.