Welcome to Advising at Northwest Vista College!
The Advising, Career and Transfer Services (ACT) Team provides integrated academic and career services to students. The NVC and the ACT team are committed to creating opportunities for student success.
Attention students, Thursday, May 26th Advising will have limited services available until 10:00am. No walk-in advising will be available from 8:00am-10:00am.
Are you a new, returning or transfer student?
We are excited to help you get started on your educational journey! Before seeking advising services, please click here determine the admissions steps that apply to you.
First Time In College students:
If you have completed your enrollment checklist, please sign up for the required New Student Orientation/ Advising session HERE
What services can I obtain from the ACT Team?
Academic Advising Services - Cypress Campus Center (CCC)
- Need to know what classes to take? Visit with an advisor to go over your degree plan
- Are you on Academic Dismissal? Academic Dismissal Appeals
- Are you transferring to Northwest Vista College? Transfer to NVC
- Need to request permission to take additional hours? Please download and complete a Petition for Overload. Forms MUST be submitted with your assigned advisor during an advising appointment. Download form: Overload Petitions Online or emailed forms are not accepted.
- Ready to Graduate? Graduation Advising
- International Student Advising
Career and Transfer Services - Cypress Campus Center (CCC) 200
- Career Exploration
- Transfer Services
- Resume, Interview and Job Search assistance
Veteran's Center - Cypress Campus Center (CCC) 110
How do I see an academic advisor?
All currently enrolled students have been assigned an
Academic Advisor. Please check your ACES email for information regarding who
your assigned advisor is and how to schedule an appointment. An appointment is
required to complete the following: Academic Dismissal Petitions, Career
Exploration, Degree Planning, Financial Aid appeals, course substitutions
and/or petitions, Course Overload petitions and Transfer Planning. Limited
services are still available on a walk-in basis. We encourage you to plan ahead
to visit with an advisor prior to peak registration for a shorter wait time. To
sign-in for walk-in services, please visit the Advising Services Check-In
window located on the first floor of the Cypress Campus Center (directly past
the Student Financial Services office). To ensure we are able to visit
with each student we sign in, we may discontinue our sign-in list for the day
prior to our closing time. PLEASE NOTE: During registration periods, this may
happen very early in the day.