Items that need to be addressed before approval include, but are not limited to:
- Number of people expected to attend
- Outside vendors you are hiring, including Food Trucks, Music, Activities (Bounce Houses, Velcro Wall, Bull Riding)
- Contracts with external businesses
- Room set-up, housekeeping needs, trash removal
- Security/Alamo Colleges District Police Department
Keep in mind that there may be monetary charges related for these items, such as printing and any extra use of Housekeeping and Alamo Colleges District Police Department.
Events must be cancelled at least 24 hours in advance to avoid cancellation or usage fees from housekeeping and Alamo Colleges Police Department. Follow any hired vendor’s policies regarding cancellations.
Events held on campus that do not use student activities fees. Includes events held during or outside normal campus hours.
- Must be an event for students, faculty or staff.
- Must be related to college business.
- Must be coordinated by a faculty or staff member.
- Must be attended by a faculty or staff coordinator or their college-employed representative.
- Must be requested through LINK to form at least 3 weeks in advance.
- Must be approved by the appropriate Event Manager.
NOTE: Events held on or off campus that use the Student Activities Fees must contact Student Life at firstname.lastname@example.org
Events held on campus by any group or organization that is not a member of a student, faculty or staff group. This includes employees or students requesting campus facilities for personal use and for non-Alamo Colleges District organizations or groups, regardless of employee or student membership.
For facilities rental, use the form on the following page:
All events held at Northwest Vista College must be approved through the Event Request Form (see below). Solicitation is not allowed at the College.
All events need approval from the Events Specialist Supervisor and/or the appropriate Event Manager as assigned through the Event Request Form.
External and internal groups are required to reserve rooms and/or outdoor spaces. Without a reservation, you and your group may be asked to leave the area.
The Special Events Supervisor and the Event Manager are responsible only for ensuring all requirements have been addressed by the organizer.
All events must be requested using this process.