Community Service Certificate
NVC values your dedication to your communtiy through service. Service performed while you are enrolled at NVC can be listed on your official Experience Transcript. We recognize students who serve through the certificates below.
NVC students are eligible for the NVC Community Service Certification.
- Recipient(s) must be currently enrolled in Northwest Vista College
- Awards are issued
- for service hours served while enrolled at NVC
- Submissions must include an upload of official documentation (letterhead or certificate) from the organization that you served with; indicating your name, date of service, total hours served, and contact information for the organization
- Service must be with an organization that is legally established in the United States, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or one of the territories.
Types of service that are not eligible:
- Donating funds
- Political lobbying (Non-partisan voter registration is an eligible activity)
- Religious instruction
- Conducting worship service
- Volunteer service performed as part of court-ordered community service
- Serving only family members
Hours are measured throughout enrollment and awards are designated based on cumulative hours. The awards are offered in multiple tier levels and are designed to recognize each milestone of your service achievement. Levels include Tier I, Tier II, and Tier III.
|Hours by Award||Tier I||Tier II||Tier III|
|NVC Students||25 Hours||50 Hours||75 Hours|
Service Hours Submission
* You must submit your application through AlamoExperience with formal documentation (letterhead or certificate) from the organization that you served with; indicating your name, date of service, total hours served, and contact information for the organization. (Sign-in sheets/forms and hand written letters are not acceptable)
How to Submit Documentations/Letterheads in AlamoExperience:
- Login to "AlamoExperience"
- Click on your profile icon
- Click on "Experiences"
- Click on "Add Experience"
- Click on "Self-Reported Event"
- Fill out the form (required for all community service)
- The "Experience" name will be the name of the organization you volunteered with (i.e. Food Bank, Habitat for Humanity, etc)
- The "Organization" name will be NVC SERVES
- The "Contact" information will be from the organization you served with
- Upload your service documentation (an official letter or certificate) indicating:
- your name
- date of service
- total hours served
- (Sign-in sheets, forms and handwritten letters are not acceptable)
- Submit for Approval
- The Community Service event will be listed on your Experience Transcript once it is approved
How to Submit an Application:
Visit AlamoExperience link to fill out the application form:
Applications are due by November 8, 2019 for Fall or April 10, 2020 for Spring. Service needs to be performed and documented on or before the application due date in order to receive your award in the semester that it is submitted.
Nathalie Mai Kraft
Community Service Specialist
and NSLS Advisor