Community Service Certificate
NVC values your dedication to your community through service. Service performed while you are enrolled at NVC can be listed on your official Experience Transcript. We recognize students who serve through the certificates below.
NVC students are eligible for the NVC Community Service Certification.
- Recipient(s) must be currently enrolled in Northwest Vista College
- Awards are issued for service hours served while enrolled at NVC
- Submissions must include an upload of official documentation (letterhead or certificate) from the organization that you served with; indicating your name, date of service, total hours served, and contact information for the organization
- Service must be with an organization that is legally established in the United States, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or one of the territories.
Types of service that are not eligible:
- Donating funds
- Political lobbying (Non-partisan voter registration is an eligible activity)
- Religious instruction
- Conducting worship service
- Volunteer service performed as part of court-ordered community service
- Serving only family members
Hours are measured throughout enrollment and awards are designated based on cumulative hours. The awards are offered in multiple tier levels and are designed to recognize each milestone of your service achievement. Levels include Tier I, Tier II, and Tier III.
|Hours by Award||Tier I||Tier II||Tier III|
|NVC Students||25 Hours||50 Hours||75 Hours|
Service Hours Submission
* You must submit your application through AlamoExperience with formal documentation (letterhead or certificate) from the organization that you served with; indicating your name, date of service, total hours served, and contact information for the organization. (Sign-in sheets/forms and hand written letters are not acceptable)
How to Submit Documentations/Letterheads in AlamoExperience:
- Login to "AlamoExperience"
- Click on your profile icon
- Click on "Experiences"
- Click on "Add Experience"
- Click on "Experiential Learning Self-Reported Experience"
- Fill out the form (the following format is required)
- The "Experience" name will be: NVC Community Service: Name of Event or Agency
- i.e. = NVC Community Service: Habitat For Humanity
- The "Organization" name will be the name of event or name of agency
- The "Contact" information will be from the organization you served with
- Upload your service documentation (an official letter or certificate) indicating:
- your name
- date of service
- total hours served
- (Sign-in sheets, forms and handwritten letters are not acceptable)
- Submit for Approval
- The Community Service event will be listed on your Experience Transcript once it is approved (Allow 5 business days for your submission to be reviewed)
How to Submit a Certificate Application:
Visit AlamoExperience link to fill out the application form:
There are no deadlines to submit service, however, to ensure you are credited in the semester that you submit, Fall applications are due by November 30, 2020 for and Spring applications are due April 30, 2021.