Community Service Certificate
Your volunteer service is important and NVC recognizes outstanding student participants who have achieved the required number of hours with the:
NVC students are eligible for the NVC Community Service Certification.
- Recipient(s) must be currently enrolled in Northwest Vista College
- Awards are issued
- for service hours served while enrolled at NVC
- Submissions must include an upload of official documentation (letterhead or certificate) from the organization that you served with; indicating your name, date of service, total hours served, and contact information for the organization
- Service must be with an organization that is legally established in the United States, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or one of the territories.
What cannot be included to get this award from NVC?
- Court-ordered community service
- Hours attending club meetings, fundraising, recruitment, or planning meetings, unless you are planning for an event to benefit the community, not a fundraiser for your club.
- Hours teaching bible school, or proselytizing of any religion.
- Hours that are needed to complete an internship for a class. For example, if the internship is required as coursework and the reward is a grade, then this is not service to the community. If a student continues to serve beyond the internship requirement, then those hours will count. However, if a student is doing service-learning for a portion of the grade, then the service will count.
- Any paid service at a non-profit.
Hours are measured throughout enrollment and awards are designated based on cumulative hours. The awards are offered in multiple tier levels and are designed to recognize each milestone of your service achievement. Levels include Tier I, Tier II, and Tier III.
|Hours by Award||Tier I||Tier II||Tier III|
|NVC Students||25 Hours||50 Hours||75 Hours|
Service Hours Submission
* You must submit your application through OrgSync with formal documentation (letterhead or certificate) from the organization that you served with; indicating your name, date of service, total hours served, and contact information for the organization. (Sign-in sheets/forms and hand written letters are not acceptable)
How to Submit Documentations/Letterheads in AlamoSync:
- Go to AlamoSync: https://alamo.campuslabs.com/engage/submitter/form/start/239865
***only works with Firefox and Chrome***
How to Submit an Application:
Visit AlamoSync link to fill out the application form:
Applications are due by November 2, 2018 for Fall or April 5, 2019 for Spring. Service needs to be performed and documented on or before the application due date in order to receive your award in the semester that it is submitted.