Saturday, November 3rd, 2018
Volunteer for HalloVISTA, which will be on Saturday, October 20!
We will have an outdoor showing of the movie "Hocus Pocus" and a haunted house, food trucks and a bounce house, and many more games and activities. The event is free and open to the community.
We have many opportunities for you to volunteer and spread the word about Northwest Vista College!
Last year, we had approximately 500 attendees to this event and we are expecting more this year!
- To promote our campus to the surrounding community and bring new visitors to our campus
- To provide information to current and prospective students about our programs and services
- To recruit and sign up new students utilizing the Alamo Colleges GoMobileGoals/Benefits
- We all benefit when both the internal and external communities have a positive experience on our campus.
- Assisting our efforts to increase enrollment, we can create an environment that invites prospective students to apply to and enroll at NVC.
- Fostering positive relationships with the community can lead to increased awareness, increased funding and increased enrollment.
- HalloVISTA will be on Saturday, October 20. A rain date will be scheduled.
- Volunteers: Check-in time 2:00-3:00pm (set-up and clean up volunteers will be contacted with their individual check-in times)
- Event begins at 3:00 pm, movie plays at 7pm, end time is after movie (approximately 9:00pm)
Your area can:
- Sponsor a specific location from a list provided,
- Request an exhibitor table, or
- Send a proposal for an activity you would like to do for the event.
Proposals or exhibitor table requests should be sent to the Event Coordinator, Lisa McDaniel, at email@example.com no later than Monday, October 1, 2018. If you require help with a budget, please include that in your request. There is no guarantee that we can provide financial help.
You will be provided training before the event on how to perform the duties at your activity, as well as emergency procedures and customer service expectations.
Help to set up that area and your table
Schedule departmental volunteers to help with the activity and to hand out information, candy, and/or toys (candy and toys are provided by NVC).
So, why volunteer?
NVC could not have successful events without volunteers like you!
To have the best event possible, we need faculty, staff and students to show the community our great campus.
Also, according to Psychology Today, some reasons you should volunteer include:
- Volunteers live longer and are healthier.
- Volunteering establishes strong relationships.
- Volunteering is good for your career.
- Volunteering is good for society.
- Volunteering gives you a sense of purpose.