The CIMA-LSAMP Peer Mentors are here to help you achieve academic success.
What is a Peer Mentor?
- An experienced guide and role model to help you navigate easily through your college experience.
- A trusted ally who provides advice, support, and information with your personal, academic, and social situations.
What are some of the benefits of having a Peer Mentor?
- Boost confidence and self-esteem
- Strengthen your academic skills
- Helping you gain professional development (training, guest speakers, teambuilding, etc.)
- One-on-One sessions
Peer Mentor can help you with:
- Information and encouragement on STEM academic achievements
- Information on campus resources and opportunities
- Setting future goals
- Understanding your degree plan and the courses required
Aly is a senior at the University of Texas-San Antonio pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Multidisciplinary Studies with focus areas in biology (emphasis in neuroscience), psychology and education. She participated in the CIMA-LSAMP summer research program in 2014. Aly worked in a neuroscience lab completing the project: The Effect of Methylene Blue in Associative Learning on the Nematode C. elegans.
Austin is a senior at the University of Texas-San Antonio pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering. He also participated in the CIMA-LSAMP summer research program in 2014. His summer project involved integrating vSLAM technology for an autonomous rover robot in the ACE laboratory at UTSA. He is currently working with CIMA to help guide students through their first research experience.
Monday: 9:30am - 1pm
Tuesday: 1pm - 5pm
Friday: 10am - 2pm