We are here for you!
Difficult issues can get in the way of academic success. Trained and licensed staff can guide you in personal, social, and/or psychological matters such as depression, anxiety, PTSD and grief. We can help you manage these issues, your responsibilities, and other personal situations.
Looking for information on academic advisors?
Please visit Advising Center.
Services For Students
Counseling Services offer a wide range of professional counseling services with licensed professional counselors. Please call us to make an appointment.
Skills Coaching, Short-Term Individual Counseling, Substance Abuse Counseling, Crisis Intervention, Community Referrals
Free, Anonymous Alcohol and Mental Health Screening:
Free, anonymous online screenings are available to all Northwest Vista College students. Screenings are available for: Depression, Bi-Polar Disorder, Alcohol Abuse, Eating Disorders, Anxiety, and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). The screening is provided so that you may find out, in a few minutes, whether or not professional consultation would be helpful for you.
Student Satisfaction Survey
Have you met with our counselors before? We want to know what you think!
- ULifeline - Mental Health Screening and Info for College Students
- Healthy Living Audio Library
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Mental Health America
- Mental Health Matters
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- National Institute of Mental Health
Services for Faculty and Staff
We understand the important role faculty and staff play in the general well-being of students. We are pleased to provide several services in support of creating the best possible environment for our students:
- Consultation - Counselors are happy to provide consultation to faculty and staff on a variety of emotional and behavioral issues affecting students.
- Outreach Services - We can arrange to visit your class and present on a variety of topics: counseling services overview, sexual assault awareness, healthy relationships, stress in college, guided relaxation, internet safety, and more!
- Trainings/Workshops - Counseling provides trainings on SOBI, Veterans Transitioning to the Classroom, and other topics directly to faculty and staff. Please consider a training for your next department or division meeting!
Note: Counseling Services cannot provide personal services directly to employees. Please contact the Deer Oaks Employee Assistance Program for assistance. http://www.deeroaks.com/
Find links to forms for reporting on the Employee Portal page. The Reporting Toolbox is designed to help guide faculty and staff to the proper reporting process for a variety of incident types and circumstances. We recommend bookmarking the Reporting Toolbox for quick access to Academic Integrity Violations, Concerning Behaviors, and Non-Academic Misconduct reports, as well as reporting of deceased NVC students.
Employee Feedback Survey
Did you attend an NVC Counseling workshop, invite us to your classroom, or utilize consultation services? Please help us improve our services by taking the Employee Feedback Survey!