COVID-19 Employee Resources & Information
Vaccine Clinic at NVC
Three vaccine clinics are planned at Northwest Vista College.
NVC joined with San Antonio Metro Health to bring these clinics for the community ages 12 and up who want to receive their first or second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
The clinic offers the free Pfizer vaccine on a first-come, first-served basis. On all dates, the clinic will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at NVC Mountain Laurel Hall, room 101B (college map), with convenient parking in lots 1- 4. No appointments are needed. Please bring your vaccine card if it’s your second dose.
Free COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics:
- Wednesday, Sept. 15, Manzanillo Hall, Second Floor
- Wednesday, Oct.6, Mountain Laurel Hall 101B
- Wednesday, Oct.27. Mountain Laurel Hall 101B
- All full-time, benefited employees (faculty and staff) who have been vaccinated and register on the site will receive an additional 8 hours of personal leave. The additional personal leave will be loaded on your personal leave balance in ACES on the first of the month following the vaccination submission.
- All part-time and adjunct employees (excluding work-study students) who have been vaccinated and register on the site will be paid a one-time $50 incentive. This incentive will be paid on the last paycheck of the month following the vaccination submission.
- The Voluntary COVID-19 Vaccine Reporting Site will be open through November 19, 2021.
- Faculty and staff will be able to carry over the additional 8 hours of personal leave to the next fiscal year (through August 21, 2022).
To learn how to submit the information, go here.
- Mondays 1:30 pm – 5:30 pm
- Tuesdays 1:30 pm – 7:00 pm
- Wednesdays No Testing
- Thursdays 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Fridays 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
REGISTER PRIOR TO TEST
Register to qualify for testing prior to arrival.
- Go to register.communitylabstesting.org to register for COVID testing.
- Select "Site Type: School"
- Select "Site Assigned: ACD Northwest Vista College" (you can start by just typing "acd" or "Nor" and select from the resulting list).
NOTE: Students and employees will need to VERIFY their phone number and email address prior to continuing.
- Once registered, you will receive a unique QR code, which will be required when you arrive for testing.
- GO TO TEST SITE at one of the scheduled day/time slots listed above - Each person must have their QR code ready for testing when they arrive. You must show the QR code at the testing site. You can either show the code on your phone or print it out and bring it with you to the testing site.
COVID-19 Incident Report Process Update
REPORT EACH and EVERY potential exposure, confirmed exposure, positive test result, and onset of COVID-19 symptoms is IMMEDIATELY, whether the affected person (individual who has been exposed to COVID-19, tested positive for COVID-19, or is exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms) has been onsite at NVC or is working/learning remotely. Reports need to be submitted for employees working onsite or remotely, students learning onsite or remotely, vendors onsite within the past two weeks, and community members or others onsite within the past two weeks.
ANYONE can submit a report. It is preferable for the affected person to submit a report, but anyone can submit a report regarding an affected person. The MOST IMPORTANT thing is that a report is submitted IMMEDIATELY.
It is CRITICAL that a report is made whether the affected person has been onsite or remote (vendors, community members, or others onsite within the past two weeks) for several reasons.
- Access requests and access lists are reviewed before submission to verify that no one on the list is an affected person.
- Reports involving individuals who have been onsite trigger several follow-up actions, including close contact identification, disinfection of physical spaces, Risk Management follow-up, quarantine timeframes, access schedules, notifications, etc.
- Reports involving individuals who have not been onsite trigger several follow-up actions, including Risk Management follow-up, quarantine timeframes, access schedules, notifications, etc.
FOLLOW-UP INSTRUCTIONS FOR AFFECTED PERSONS FOLLOWING REPORTING
- Employees should stay home, notify their supervisor, and RESPOND to any phone calls or messages from Garvin Dansby, NVC coordinator of College Risk Management, the NVC Risk Management team, and Alamo Colleges District Enterprise Risk Management.
- Students should stay home, notify their instructor, and RESPOND to any phone calls or messages from Garvin Dansby, NVC coordinator of College Risk Management, NVC Risk Management team, and Alamo Colleges District Enterprise Risk Management.
- Employees working onsite and students attending classes onsite – DO NOT come to campus until officially released to do so by Risk Management.
RESPOND to all requests for follow-up information from Risk Management.
Contact Garvin Dansby, Coordinator of College Risk Management, for questions at email@example.com.
Remote Employee Toolkit