COVID-19 Information & Resources for Students
Adjusted Schedule for Spring Semesters
Classes at all of the Alamo Colleges will resume on March 23 for all students. Face-to-Face courses will resume through remote teaching and learning.
The end dates for the Spring Flex semesters have changed.
- Spring 2020 Flex II began March 30 for a 7-week term ending May 16.
- The regular Spring 16-week semester will not be extended.
- March 27, 2020 Student Update
- March 24, 2020 Student Update
- March 23, 2020 Student Update
- March 19, 2020 Student Update
- March 17, 2020 Student Update
- March 11, 2020 Press Release
- March 11, 2020 Letter from Chairman Casillas and Dr. Flores to Students
|Home Internet Access for Students||Quick Canvas Guide||Wi-Fi Parking Area (Map)|
|College Contact Information||Search for
Faculty & Staff
Software & WiFi
- Internet: Free from Comcast and Spectrum.
- Free internet in designated parking area at the Northwest Vista College
Canvas: All courses will now be facilitated through Canvas, the Alamo Colleges District learning management system. You can access Canvas through ACES.
- Beginning Wednesday, March 17, students will be able to access the Remote Ready Boot Camp for Students. You can find it in your Canvas course list. Zoom: Your instructors and your advisors will be using Zoom to interact with you.
- Using Zoom via the Web: You do not have to set up an account because Zoom is available via the web: Alamo.zoom.us. Faculty and staff will send you meeting invites, and you can join the meetings by simply clicking on the link
- Using Zoom via the App: If you choose to download the zoom app, you must sign in “with SSO”. The company domain name is: alamo. Once that information is entered, you will be directed to the ACES login page. Simply log in to your ACES account and your available meetings will appear.
How will we communicate with you:
- ACES e-mail account: The official form of communication. We will be sending you updates, so please check regularly.
- CANVAS: Your instructors may be communicating with you through your CANVAS course.
- Please check the following website for general COVID-19 updates: https://www.alamo.edu/covid-19/
- Please check the following website for updates on student resources: https://www.alamo.edu/nvc/news-events/covid-19-info/
Social Media: please check the college’s social media channels for updates and information. If you haven’t subscribed yet, you can like/follow us using the links at the bottom of this page (look for the purple icons).
Attention: We are extending the payment deadline for Flex II. Please check the website for updates!
- Please visit the Financial Aid website at https://www.alamo.edu/admission--aid/paying-for-college/financial-aid/financial-aid-tv/ or call Local: 210-21ALAMO (210-212-5266) Toll-Free: 1-844-20ALAMO (1-844-202-5266) to speak to a Financial Aid counselor, Monday-Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm; Thursdays 8:00 am-7:00 pm.
If you need to pay your tuition for the semester, please visit https://www.alamo.edu/admission--aid/paying-for-college/business-office/.
- Credit Card: Pay on-line through your ACES Account
- Check: Pay on-line through your ACES account.
- Cash: Alamo College is still working on a process to pay by cash. Please check the website for updates.
College offers online/remote tutoring with both our regular in-house tutors and external tutors through Brainfuse. Brainfuse provides support for all Alamo Colleges students.
Brainfuse Online Tutoring can be accessed from within ACES or from any Canvas course:
- Select Live Help if you have a quick question – sessions are 30 minutes.
- Select Tutor Match if you want to work with an in-house tutor.
- Select Writing Lab if you want a paper reviewed.
You have 7 hours for use with Live Help and the Writing Lab. Your time in Tutor Match is unlimited, but please respect the needs of others and only book up to 2 hours twice a week.
Brainfuse Tech Support:
If you need more time or have questions, you can:
The CARES labs will continue to serve students by providing online tutoring with NVC tutors through: Brainfuse-TutorMatch.
Please do not hesitate to contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any assistance.
The Library will be sending out announcements via Facebook posts, the Library website, and LibGuides. Please check these regularly.
During this remote period, printed materials will be unavailable for circulation. The Library’s Virtual Reference Desk will be manned from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM Monday through Thursday and 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Friday. We will be closed on Saturday and Sunday. During open hours, you can contact us via chat. To chat with us, click on the green chat box button located in the lower left-hand corner of the Library’s website. Have a question while we are closed, email it to email@example.com. We will respond by the next business day.
Remember, the Library is here to support you. Reach out to us if you have any questions.
The health and wellness of students and staff of Alamo Colleges District is our highest priority. Out of an abundance of caution, the Alamo Colleges District has made some temporary changes to the way we provide instruction and operate in light of the growing concerns related to the coronavirus.
- Spring break will be extended for one week for students. All classes are canceled March 16-20 as faculty and staff prepare to transition to working, teaching and learning remotely.
- Alamo Colleges District campuses and buildings are closed to students the week of March 16-20 with the exception of college libraries and computer labs.
- Classes will resume on March 23 through remote teaching and learning.
- Students should not return to campuses for classes and will be instructed on how to continue classes and receive support remotely.
- Students with Work-Study jobs should not report to work on Monday, March 16. This includes both on and off-campus work-study students. Expect to receive further information from your supervisor.
- Updates for both work-study and financial aid students will be posted as they become available on the financial aid homepage: https://www.alamo.edu/admission--aid/paying-for-college/financial-aid/ (scroll down to the news section for the latest information)
- All study abroad programs for summer are canceled. We will continue to evaluate future programs as the situation evolves.
- Update your AlamoAlert (RAVE) settings and & Contact Information. Instructions are located here.
Student Hotline Hours:
Monday – Friday 8 am -5 pm
IT & HELP DESK
International Student Services