Guidelines for Checking Out a Laptop, Tablet or technology devices
The Open Computer Lab is pleased to announce a technology loaner service for laptops and tablet devices for students. They are available for checkout at the Service Desk. These devices can be used for College-related assignments and research.
Limit & Availability
- Can only be checked out by students with 2 forms of valid identification (Current Student ID and Driver’s License). The IDs will be kept at the service desk until the item is returned.
- Can ONLY be borrowed and used in the Open Lab. They are not to be taken out of the Open Lab for any reason.
- Due to the limited quantities, no reservations can be made ahead of time. They are available on a First Come, First Serve basis.
- A Student waiting list is available, but you must sign up and wait in the Open Lab to remain on the list.
- Only ONE device can be borrowed per student.
- Devices can be borrowed for a max of ONE hour and must be rechecked out. Students on waiting list will take priority.
- Devices can be borrowed ONLY during business hours.
- Printing or specialized software is not available on these devices. All students will be directed to a desktop computer in the Open Lab to print documents or any specialized software need.
- Personal USB Drives and Microsoft One Drive are the only sources of saving data from the Laptops and Tablets.
Student Loaner program is for active Northwest Vista College students only. Students requesting technology equipment will be held liable for any damages caused to any of the equipment, while in their possession.