The President’s Scholarship Program recognizes academically-motivated students who show a strong initiative to succeed and a commitment to completing their education. The $1,000-per-semester scholarship, which requires full-time enrollment of 12 credit hours per semester, can be awarded to students for up to two years (in district and out of district; four semesters maximum).
- Scholarship to Palo Alto College (not applicable to other colleges within the Alamo Colleges District)
- Admission to Palo Alto College Honors Program
- Small classes
- Sense of community
- Individual advising and mentoring
- Community service projects
- Travel opportunities
- Must be a participant of Palo Alto College Connection Program
- Minimum 3.25 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- TSI placement into college-level English
- Must submit a letter of recommendation from one of the following: high school counselor, teacher, principal, employer, or community leader.
Students must meet the requirements and complete scholarship application below by Friday, March 22, 2019, to be eligible for this scholarship. Selected students must attend an on-campus interview with faculty and staff on Friday, April 19, 2019.
If selected for scholarship, student must:
- Attend New Student Orientation (NSO) in Summer 2019
- Enroll full time at Palo Alto College (12 hours per semester)
- Meet with assigned academic advisor at least once per semester
- Submit a FAFSA each year of enrollment
- Additional requirements may apply
Please note: Only courses within a student’s degree plan will be covered by the scholarship. Students will meet with an advisor each semester to ensure courses apply toward their degree.