The President’s Scholarship Program recognizes academically-motivated students who show a strong initiative to succeed and a commitment to completing their education. The $1,000-per-semester scholarship, which requires full-time enrollment of 12 credit hours per semester, can be awarded to students for up to two years (in district and out of district; four semesters maximum).
The President's Scholarship application will open in late Fall 2018.
- Scholarship to Palo Alto College (not applicable to other colleges within the Alamo Colleges District)
- Admission to Palo Alto College Honors Program
- Small classes
- Sense of community
- Individual advising and mentoring
- Community service projects
- Travel opportunities
- Must be a first time in college student
- Minimum 3.0 high school GPA
- Secure one (1) academic or professional reference
- Complete application, including personal essay prompts
Students must meet the requirements and complete the scholarship application below by Friday, May 4, 2018, to be eligible for this scholarship. Students must also attend an on-campus interview with faculty and staff on Tuesday, May 22, 2018.
If selected for scholarship, student must:
- Attend New Student Orientation (NSO) in Summer 2018
- Enroll full time at Palo Alto College (12 hours per semester)
- Meet with assigned academic advisor at least once per semester
- Submit a FAFSA each year of enrollment
- Additional requirements may apply
Please note: Only courses within a student’s degree plan will be covered by the scholarship. Students will meet with an advisor each semester to ensure courses apply toward their degree.