Fight Song Writing Contest
Date: November 26, 2021
Time: 6-11:59 p.m.
- Palo Alto College, Faculty & Staff, Students
Two $500 scholarships will be awarded
We are in search of lyrics for the first-ever Palo Alto College Fight Song. Any current PAC student or alumnus is encouraged to submit an entry for the Fight Song Writing Contest. The lyrics should be about 8-20 lines with the mention of our school’s name and mascot. Submit your entry on AlamoExperience by clicking the “Forms” tab and typing “PAC Fight Song" search box.
Deadline to apply: Friday, Nov. 26
Fight Song Criteria
• 8-20 lines
• Structure (suggested): organize lyrics in stanzas of 4 or 8 lines
Rhyme Scheme (encouraged)The most well-known fight songs contain a rhyme scheme (pattern of rhyme in each stanza.)
• Notre Dame, “Victory March”
- 18 lines grouped in 2 stanzas
- Rhyme scheme: aabbaabccb / aaddeefg
• University of Oklahoma’s “Boomer Sooner”
- 12 lines grouped into three stanzas
- Rhyme scheme: aaab / cccb / ddcb
• UT Austin “Texas Fight”
Keywords to consider (based on campus surveys)
• Family or Familia
• The PAC Song must have a title.
Need assistance with your composition?
Contact the Writing Assistance Center at 210-486-3257.
DISCLAIMER: Writers who submit an entry must be aware that lyrics are subject to change/editing once a melody (music) is attributed.
For more information about the Fight Song Writing Contest, contact: