About Fiesta Grilldown
Do you and a friend have what it takes to win this year's Fiesta Grilldown competition? We are seeking 10 teams of 2 to compete in the 6th annual #FiestaGrilldown Carne Asada Contest. The competition is free to enter and open to the public. Contestants from all over San Antonio and surrounding areas have grilled and competed for a chance to become #FiestaGrilldown champions!
In the end, only one team will be crowned champions of the 6th annual Fiesta Grilldown Carne Asada Contest. The winning team will receive a special grand prize. May the best asada win!
When & Where
Thursday, April 25, 2018
How to Enter
The entry period is March 7–April 7.
Two ways to enter:
|1. Preferred method of entry: Tag a photo showing how you carne asada, and use the hashtag #PACfest and #FiestaGrilldown. Be sure to:
2. Alternate method of entry: Click “Enter now” and complete the form.
- Each team must have two contestants
- Each team will be allowed one hour to prepare, grill and create their version of the best carne asada
- Teams must prepare a plate for the judges using a presentation plate that will be provided
- Only judges will sample the final product. Points will be assessed for presentation, taste, originality, and Fiesta spirit
- Alcohol is prohibited
- All contestants are invited to bring their own marinade, and seasonings, which they will be allowed to use
- Contestants are not allowed to provide food to the general public
- Teams will be provided with:
- One Smokey Joe grill
- One bag of instant light charcoal
- 1 lb. of unseasoned fajita meat
- Two pairs of grilling gloves
- Grilling kit (2 cutting boards, 2 knives, tongs)
- Two aprons
- One mixing bowl
- One presentation plate
- One community produce table containing: onions, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, lettuce, tomato, cilantro, limes, garlic, avocado
Palo Alto College