The Palo Alto College Bookstore is a one-stop shop for all of your academic needs, from school supplies to textbooks, and is committed to assisting students throughout the transition to remote learning. Although the Bookstore’s physical location is closed to the public, Spring 2021 rentals and purchases can be completed on the Bookstore website. All customer service inquiries will be conducted over the phone.
|Visit the Bookstore website|
Spring 2021 Purchases and Rentals
All purchases and rentals can be coordinated through the Bookstore website. Students may choose to have their items shipped, or, beginning Jan. 7, curbside pick up can be scheduled at the end of any purchase on the Palo Alto College Bookstore website.
Curbside pick up will be available throughout the Spring 2021 semester.
Curbside area will be located in Lot 7. View campus map.
- Once you are ready to check out, select “Curbside Pick Up (FREE)” as your delivery method.
- Select your preferred pick up location.
- Proceed with completing your order. Once an order is confirmed, you will receive an email receipt with a link to schedule your pick up time.
- Please wait for an email confirming your items are ready before arriving at the store. Pick up instructions will be provided in the email.
- Upon arrival, park in a designated curbside pick up space. Let us know you have arrived by scanning the QR code, visiting the URL, or calling the number listed on the parking space sign.
Students may continue to return their Fall 2020 rental books January 7-14 by shipping them or utilizing curbside drop off.
- An email was sent to all rental patrons containing a link to generate a packing slip and return shipping label.
- Students will ship their books back to the store at their own expense through a carrier of their choice.
- Students can also print their rental return packing slip and shipping label through our online store by signing into their account: https://www.bkstr.com/paloaltostore/home
To initiate a rental return online, the student must complete the following steps:
- Sign into the existing account associated with the rental.
- Upon sign in, “Rentals” page and “Rental History” is displayed when the customer scrolls down the page. The student selects either the Return by Mail button or the Return All Rentals by Mail Both options open the Return by Mail modal.
- The Return by Mail modal displays all rentals eligible to return. Rentals already returned, charged non-return fees, extended, or converted to purchase are not displayed. The student selects the rental books they wish to return and clicks CONTINUE.
- The student selects their return address from the drop down menu or selects the Enter a New Address
- The Generate Your Packing Slip option is displayed. The student reviews the Helpful Tips and then clicks GET PACKING SLIP.
- The GET PACKING SLIP button opens a new window. The student reviews the Shipping Instructions and prints the packing slip.
- Students will ship their rental returns back to the bookstore at their own expense through a carrier of their choice.
- Available November 30 through December 18
- Limited times available during the Curbside drop-off period during the following times:
- Monday-Thursday from 9 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Friday from 9 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- You may send someone to drop off your Rental Return on your behalf. Please make sure to include a piece of paper with the name, telephone number, and email address from the rental account along with your book(s).
- Curbside Drop-off area is located in Lot 7. View campus map.
Curbside drop off process
- You must wear a mask during the curbside rental drop off.
- With your rental return, please include a sheet of paper with your name, email, and telephone number on the rental account.
- Upon arrival, park in a designated curbside drop off space. Let us know you have arrived by calling the number listed on the parking space sign.
- Please remain in your vehicle, with your window up as we roll a cart by the driver’s side door.
- We will then step back to suggested 6 feet of physical distance.
- When signaled, please roll down your window and place your rental return and info sheet on the cart.
- Once your rental return is on the cart, please roll up your window.
- We will then retrieve your rental return.
- All returned rental books will be quarantined upon receipt. As a result, it may take up to three days before students receive a rental check-in confirmation email.
In-person and in-store book buybacks are currently not being conducted. However, students may sell their books online at: valorebooks.com/sell-textbooks.