Paving the path to success for first time in college students
July 20, 2021
Alamo Colleges District-Palo Alto College is committed to ensuring all students start their college education by eliminating obstacles that might prevent them from earning their degrees and securing careers. Launching in the Fall 2021 semester, the PAC Advantage Program is a strategic initiative designed to empower students with a personalized “student success team” as they prepare to enroll. For first-time college students, these resources act as a support system to provide a strong foundation for success in college.
“Our goal has always been that our students leave Palo Alto College with the knowledge and experience to enter high-wage, high-demand careers that will lead to upward mobility,” said Dr. Robert Garza, President of Palo Alto College. “We are excited to provide first-time college students with an advantage through personalized coaching and long-term goal-setting during their time at Palo Alto College.”
First-time college students who fulfill a “Commit to Complete” form can expect the following PAC Advantages:
- Assigned Certified Enrollment Coach to assist in the admissions process
- Assigned Certified Advisor to support degree completion
- A dedicated Certified Career Navigator by career path
- An assigned tutor liaison
- A free laptop loaner program for students who select PAC as their home school and are enrolled in the Fall 2021 semester with at least six hours
- $200 supplemental grant for books and instructional materials
- Access to free additional resources including child care, clothes closet, personal counseling, and food pantry
To learn more about the PAC advantage Program, visit alamo.edu/pac/advantage or call 210-486-3100.
Palo Alto College, part of the Alamo Colleges District, is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges and a recipient of the 2015 Texas Award for Performance Excellence, a finalist for the 2016 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, and a Rising Star winner of the 2019 Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence. With over 10,000 students, Palo Alto College is accredited to offer associate degrees and short-term certificates. The College is located on the south side of San Antonio at 1400 W. Villaret Blvd. at I-410 and Texas Hwy 16 and online at alamo.edu/pac.