Mission, Vision, & Values
To empower our community for success by meeting the postsecondary learning needs of a diverse and globally-networked society. To help students achieve their full potential by preparing them to graduate, transfer, or enter the workforce with effective critical thinking skills, communication proficiency, leadership ability, personal and civic responsibility, empirical and quantitative understanding, performance proficiency, and the ability to work effectively in teams.
San Antonio College fulfills its mission by offering the following:
- Transfer education designed to provide students with the first two years of the bachelor's degree
- General education courses in the liberal arts and sciences to support all college degree programs
- Career preparation provided through a wide range of programs to prepare students for immediate employment
- Developmental studies for students to bring their basic skills to a level appropriate for college work
- Continuing education, including a variety of enrichment, training, licensure, and professional programs
- Academic and student support services for all students, including those with special needs, that include comprehensive advising and monitoring, high-quality learning resources, assessment, counseling, tutoring, and financial assistance
- Academic co-curricular activities and social and cultural activities; and information literacy
SAC is committed to building individual and collective character through the following set of values in order to fulfill their vision and mission.
To be student centered in every way possible, letting our students know their success is our main priority. Making students feel validated and encouraged to succeed. Engage students, address various learning styles, supplying them with critical thinking assignments and interactive simulations, being available to the student, prepare them for the world. Close performance gaps, improve student experience, strive to college completion, accelerate students' progress toward their academic and career goals, improve student learning outcomes, and increase student performance in all areas (retention, graduation, transfer and job placement) to exceed state and national averages.
Considering all students worthy - Worthy of our time, support, resources, worthy of their right to obtain an education, worthy just because they are. Our students have enrolled to make a better life for themselves and their family - we will provide the best service to our students to help make them successful and to always treate them with courtesy and respect.
Foster a system that allows two-way communication with students and employees to improve collaboration, teamwork and build trust. Working across department, disciplines, and colleges; creating partnerships, teamwork, common goals, and student success. Create effective relationships to empower our students contributing to an environment that promotes creativity, innovation and positive results.
Strengthening engagement with partners to improve college and career readiness. Providing youth summer camps, dual credit classes, community events, and other volunteer services.
Incorporate personal and social responsibility, global citizenship, critical thinking, and life-long learning. Building motivation, determination, initiative, discipline, perseverance, and confidence in our students to accomplish and succeed in many areas of their personal and professional aspects of their lives. Not backing away from challenges or responsibility, helping students choose the right thing to do for themselves and others, becoming a valuable resource to themselves and others, becoming the best version of themselves in everything they do.
Promote data-informed innovation, intelligent risk-taking, and entrepreneurship with a focus in action, value and the future. To see the value of data, information and knowledge in decision making, leadership, strategy and execution. By learning how to collect, analyze, and use data, students and employees contribute to a culture of continuous improvement and help achieve their goals.