Advising FAQs



Registration Details

How do I add, drop, or see my class schedule for the semester?

Register for Classes has step-by-step instructions on how to:

  • Add classes
  • Drop classes
  • View class schedule
After I get registered for classes, what do I do next?

Once you have your semester class schedule, you will need to think about:

Where can I get information on enrolling in continuing education or non-credit classes?

Information on industry skills training and other forms of continuing education can be found at the Alamo Colleges Continuing Education (CE) Division

  • Contact:

Student Request Forms

How do I submit a request to change my Alamo Colleges home school?

Students wishing to change home school would submit a Change of Primary Institution (CPI) form to the specific Alamo College they plan to attend.

Why was my home school not updated on my student account?
  • Visit Guardian for the current status of your Change of Primary Institution (CPI) request
  • Requests are processed according to the following timelines (exceptions may be available for graduation and when utilizing Veteran Benefits):
    • Fall: May 1 - July 31
    • Spring: August 1 - November 30
    • Summer: December 1 - April 30


What is MUM?

Multiple Measures (MUM) offers incoming students, NOT including high school students in dual credit courses, opportunities to enroll in college through the use of:

  • Standardized test scores
  • High school GPA
  • High school course history
Where can I complete testing at SAC to be eligible to take classes?

The Assessment Office is located in Moody Learning Center (MLC) room 530.

Tuition & Aid

Why were my classes dropped?

There are several reasons why a student may get dropped from classes, including:

If I am an AlamoPROMISE (AP) student, how long will I be funded by the program?