The five colleges of the Alamo Colleges District are servicing students remotely due to COVID-19, the Coronavirus. Please be aware that in-person visits at all of our locations are temporarily suspended. You may communicate with our department via email below.
The following exams have been suspended until further notice:
GED / HiSET / CLEP / TEAS / TCEQ / External correspondence / Remote testing
Please refer to our college website for updates for resuming full service.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your understanding.
San Antonio College - Assessment and Testing
San Antonio College is an authorized Pearson Vue Test Center for the administration of the General Educational Development Computer Based Test (GED-CBT). The steps to schedule your GED testing at San Antonio College are simple by going to www.ged.com. This process involves creating account, it offers the option of purchasing GED preparation materials, identify testing centers with testing dates and making payment.
Language Option: English and Spanish or Combine Language
Retest Policy: 60 day waiting period, after first three attempts
GED (High School Equivalency Score Requirement): A minimum total score of 580 points with no individual test score less than 145 on each of the four exams.
Date of the Scheduled Exam
Students will need to arrive at the Testing Center (Moody Learning Center room 533) 30 minutes in advance to sign in for their scheduled appointment. Please read carefully what is and what is not allowed in the testing lab.
- A government issued identification (Texas DL/Texas ID, Military ID, Passport/Visa, or Consulate ID).
- ID must be an original document; photocopied documents are not acceptable and documents cannot be presented on a cell phone or any electronic device
- ID must be valid; expired documents are not acceptable
- ID must bear your first and last name exactly as it was when registering for the test
- ID must include your date of birth and signature
- Cell phones and similar electronic devices, and regular watches or smart watches, etc. are not allowed inside the testing room. Anyone carrying any of these items will not be allowed into the testing room.
- No backpacks, bags, or purses of any size allowed in the testing lab.
If you do not have anywhere to leave your personal items, you can bring your own pad lock and use the lockers provided outside of the testing room.
The GED Testing Center is located at San Antonio College in the Moody Learning Center (MLC) room 533. For additional questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us at 210-486-0444.
SAC campus map: https://www.alamo.edu/sac/about-sac/our-college/maps/
** SAISD is offering remote classes at through June. Here is the link to their website for more info. https://www.saisd.net/page/ace-home **
Free English GED classes at San Antonio College Empowerment Center
703 Howard Street (corner Evergreen and Howard St.)
San Antonio, TX 78212
If you have taken the GED exam in Texas and need a copy of your Official Certificates, Transcripts and Verifications contact Texas Education Agency (TEA). If taken outside of Texas, contact GED Testing Service .
Oscar San Miguel
Moody Learning Center
5th floor room 533
San Antonio College
Assessment Center - MLC 533
1819 N. Main Ave.
San Antonio, TX 78212