Empowerment Center Scholarships
THE FOLLOWING SCHOLARSHIPS ARE OFFERED BY EMPOWERMENT CENTER.
Scholarships are available at different times of the academic year. Please contact our department at (210)486-0455 to find out when scholarships are available.
2023 Women Empowered “WE” Conference
This free Conference held in May of each year was developed to provide outreach into our community to a much underserved population: women who are considering a return to school who are often overlooked in traditional outreach efforts. Conference workshops provide information on topics such as overcoming fears and gaining confidence in order to reach personal and educational goals. Information on GED preparation and testing, college enrollment, financial aid, and short-term technical certificate programs as well as personal and professional development is provided.
Scholarship assistance is central to providing access to higher education to women. Accordingly, a highlight of the WE Conference is the presentation of scholarships to attend San Antonio College.
In order to be eligible for a WE Scholarship award, you must:
1. Be enrolled and maintain a minimum of 6 credit hours at San Antonio College throughout the Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 semesters (only fall semester if receiving a $500 award).
2. Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP): keep a 2.0 GPA and a 67% completion rate.
3. Attend current year's WE Conference.
Mi CASA Scholarship
This scholarship program is designed to enhance your leadership skills while helping you pay college expenses such as childcare, books, and transportation. You will assist our department by promoting the Mi CASA (Career Advancement & Self-sufficiency Assistance) Program. Services offered through the Mi CASA Program include career development, job readiness skills, education and computer literacy and diaper bank services.
- Resident of the 78212 zip code.
- Currently enrolled at San Antonio College for at least six credit hours for the Fall semester.
- Have a current cumulative 2.0 GPA or higher.
- Financial Aid Eligible- financial aid has been processed & awarded, not waiting for appeal.
- Maintain 2.0 cumulative GPA at the end of fall semester to be eligible to continue in the spring.
Ann Richards Endowed Scholarship
In Honor of Women-In-History Month - March
In honor of Women in History Month, the SAC Department of Empowerment Center awards, the Ann Richards Endowed Scholarships to qualified students who maintain a minimum of 2.0 GPA and are in good academic standing.
QUALIFIED APPLICATIONS MUST:
Be a re-entry woman (25 years or older).
Currently enrolled at SAC in a minimum of 9 hours for the current semester.
- Eligible for Financial Aid for the current semester.
- Must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP): 2.0 cumulative GPA and 67% course completion rate.
The Scholarship Application cycle is currently closed
Adelante Childcare Scholarship
The Scholarship Application cycle is currently closed.
United Way Childcare Scholarship
Women United of United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County provide childcare scholarships to help parents with the cost of childcare while they are enrolled in college full-time or working and enrolled part-time.
Parents selected for childcare scholarships must be enrolled in school or technical skills training for a minimum of 12 hours if not working, or enrolled for a minimum of 6 hours if working 19 or more hours weekly.
Students interested in applying can contact Bertha Castellanos, SAC campus case manager, for application details or more information: 210-486-0458 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
LULAC Parent/Child Scholarship Program
The LULAC Parent/Child Scholarship has transitioned to the Alamo Colleges Foundation. If you are a current or former Parent/Child Scholar and have questions about your scholarship, please email: email@example.com