End of Year Announcement
December 13, 2021
Dear SAC Staff and Faculty,
The holiday season promotes a higher risk time for cyber-criminals to conduct malicious attacks upon organizations. Because of this, we need to continue our current cyber-security posture of being alert at all times. The security of San Antonio College Information Assets is the responsibility of every San Antonio College member.
In an effort to further enhance our cyber defenses, we want to highlight some basic steps that can help avoid a malicious attack during our holiday break.
Think Before You Click!
- Prior to leaving for the holiday break, close out of all applications and log off of the workstations. Please do not power down your workstations, this will help us push security updates as they become available.
- Power off any peripherals attached to your workstation (scanners, smart devices, external hard drives). Connected devices are also prone to malicious attacks.
- Post “Out of Office” messages on Outlook email and your phone voice mails.
- Protect your portable devices (Laptops, Tablets etc.) by securing them in a safe place.
- Do not click on links or attachments from senders that you do not recognize. Be especially wary of .zip or other compressed or executable file types.
- Do not share sensitive personal information, such as, usernames and passwords over email.
- If you can’t tell if an email is legitimate or not, please email email@example.com with an attachment of the original email.
- Be especially cautious when opening attachments or clicking links if you receive an email containing a warning banner indicating that it originated from an external source.
Winter Break Helpdesk Hours:
SAC Office of Technology Services will be closed or minimally staffed during the winter holiday break.
SAC OTS Helpdesk Hours*: 210-486-0777
December 20-23, 2021 - 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 Noon, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
December 27-30, 2021 - 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 Noon, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
District ITS Helpdesk Hours*: 210-485-0555
December 18-23, 2021 - 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
December 26-30, 2021 - 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
*Helpdesk will be closed on December 24, December 25, December 31, 2021 and January 1, 2022.
Office of Technology Services
San Antonio College