Moody Learning Center 200
Maymester / Summer 2022 Hours
Monday- Thursday: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
If you need to meet with a tutor as part of your assignment, or in any stage of your writing process, please book an appointment via your ACES account in Navigate to ensure the tutor can help you in the required amount of time (30- 45 minutes). See further down the page for our additional tutoring services such as Walk-ins, Zoom Walk-ins, and Asynchronous tutoring.
We have a few types of tutoring appointments:
- Face-to-Face (F2F)
- Remote Tutoring
For more information on both types of appointments, see the SAC Remote Tutoring Schedule.
Creating a Writing Center Scheduled Appointment
You can now book your F2F or Remote Tutoring sessions via ACES and Navigate. Watch the following video on Steps to Making an Appointment.
Know more about the Writing Center
The Writing Center, in collaboration with the SLAC Lab, has created a video to provide more information about the services available to you. If you have any questions or need additional information, you can call us at (210) 486-1433, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to see you soon!
WE HELP WRITERS
The SAC Writing Center offers free services to students, faculty, and staff. Our professional tutors are here to help you with writing from any discipline. Whether you need assistance with understanding an assignment, generating ideas, creating a thesis, or organizing your paper, our tutors can help you improve your writing skills.
We promote student learning and thinking by helping writers focus on issues of meaning and by involving them in reflection on their own work. By building collaborative peer relations with student writers and modeling appropriate academic behavior, we help students build confidence, articulate the ideas, acquire the strategies, and learn the skills to engage effectively in their writing processes.
Additional Writing Center Services
- Remote Online Tutoring: We offer remote online tutoring, which is like Face-to-Face tutoring appointment but through Zoom. We will be offering these Zoom sessions through Navigate. Please call 210-486-1433 or email email@example.com for any scheduling issues on navigate.
- Asynchronous Tutoring: The Writing Center is now offering email-based appointments. Much like a F2F appointment, the asynchronous tutor will give suggestions and resources to help you revise your documents. Please see the Asynchronous Student Guidelines for making an appointment.
- Open Lab: The Writing Center is also an open lab with computers and tables where students can work. The lab will be open for students who need space, technology, and assistance with remote/zoom classes. Headphones with mics will be available.
- Writing Resources: We also have an extensive collection of writing references, handouts, and other books on writing.
- Writing Workshops: The Writing Center also offers workshops for faculty and students upon request.
- Frequent Writer Program: Come three or more times for a tutoring appointment and win cool stuff! See below for details.
Frequent Writer Program
Stop by the Writing Center and pick up your Frequent Writer Card.
Also, after every third tutoring session, your name will be entered in a drawing at the end of the semester! Get smart and get free stuff!
Faculty Partner Program & Workshops
Writing Center Orientations
For an orientation of the Writing Center, how to make an appointment and WC resources, you can schedule a Zoom orientation or Walk-in orientation at our new location MLC 200 (After the 2-week Remote start).
To schedule an orientation, please fill out the Faculty Partner Form.
New Faculty Partner Program Form
The Writing Center works with faculty to support the writing that students do in their class. We encourage faculty to partner with us and let us know about their assignments and goals for the use of writing in their curriculum.
We also provide faculty with the following Services:
Please contact Caroline Davis for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring 2022 Workshop Schedule
All workshops will be held in MLC 707J in the SLAC Lab`
Last Updated: May 18, 2022