1. What is SACSCOC?
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOCS) is the regional body for the accreditation of degree-granting higher education institutions in the Southern states.
2. What is the SACSCOC On-Site Visit?
The SACSCOC on-site visit is part of the reaffirmation process for all colleges/universities seeking reaccreditation.
3. When is the On-Site Visit?
The SACSCOC on-site visit will take place at San Antonio College from September 29 through October 2, 2015.
4. What will happen during the SACS On-Site Visit?
The SACS On-Site Reaffirmation Committee will do the following:
- Meet with College Leadership & various stakeholders including the QEP Team,
- Reaffirmation committee, etc.Review the Compliance and Focused Reports.
- Learn more about the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP).
5. What steps are required for reaffirmation of accreditation?
Step 1: Submit the Compliance Report (formerly referred to as the SACS Self-Study).
Step 2: SACS Off-Site Reaffirmation Committee reviews the College's Compliance Report and provides feedback.
Step 3: The College responds to SACS' findings to the Compliance Report by submitting a Focused Report.
Step 4: The College submits a required Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP).
Step 5: SACS On-Site Reaffirmation Committee visits the College to learn more about the College's QEP and Focused and Compliance Reports.
Step 6: The College submits a response to the recommendations made by the On-site Reaffirmation Committee to the Commission.
Step 7: The Committees on Compliance and Reports (C&R) review reports prepared by peer committees and the institutional responses to those reports and makes a recommendation regarding reaffirmation of accreditation.
Step 8: The SACSCOC Board of Trustees takes final action on the recommendation.
6. How can I or my unit prepare for the On-Site Visit?
- Become familiar with QEP topic and goal.
- Refresh your memory of our College policies and your unit procedures.
- Review your unit's operations manuals, compliance manuals, etc.
7. When will San Antonio College know the outcome of the SACS Reaffirmation of accreditation?
San Antonio College should learn about its reaffirmation status by June 2016.