What is the program?
A cyber security certificate or degree is intended to equip you with the knowledge and skills to defend computer operating systems, networks and data from cyber attacks. Although these programs incorporate theoretical concepts, they are technical in nature. Having this technical knowledge is key. Whether you are designing system architectures with certain security characteristics or detecting risks, threats and vulnerabilities, you are on the front line of defense.
What will I learn?
Students in this field will learn emphasize computer engineering, computer science, problem-solving, and communication skills.
What can I do with this course of study?
Entry-level positions include a variety of analyst, specialist, and and technician job titles.
What's special about program?
- Information Assurance and Cybersecurity, A.A.S.
- Information Assurance and Cybersecurity, Level I Certificate
- Computer Forensics, Level I Certificate
- Information Technology and Security Academy (ITSA), Level I Certificate
- CompTIA Security+ Certification Preparation, Occupational Skills Award ♦
- Cyber First Responders, Occupational Skills Award
- Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPIC 1), Occupational Skills Award ♦
♦ This symbol indicates the offering is also available fully online.
Nail Technical Center (NTC-229)