Students taking the AP and/or CLEP test will earn equivalent college credit from the Alamo Colleges District when attaining the scores indicated and the credit is treated as equal to a grade CR in the corresponding course (but is not included in GPA calculations).
AP/CLEP credit not applied to the transcript until the student has successfully completed 6 regular college credits at San Antonio College. Students may not earn more than 32 hours from any testing equivalency source. For more information on how the credit is posted, please read the following policies.
CLEP Credit-Granting Scores and Semester Hour Recommendations
|Registration for the CLEP Exam
Students interested in taking the CLEP exam will need to come in person to the Assessment Center located in room #112 of the FAC building on the registration dates given below and pay all testing fees (FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE). We will not register anyone over the phone or via email, registration closes the day before the scheduled test date. Please note that the full amount of $105 must be paid in order to register for the exam. The $20 registration fee can be made by using our online payment system at our computer lab with a credit/debit card or with cash at our college business office. The $85 exam fee can be made by using our computer lab at the College Board website (please do not pay it before the registration date below).
You must also have 6 hours of completed college level SAC credit to qualify for CLEP credit. You CANNOT register for the CLEP exam if you are currently enrolled in the same course you wish to receive CLEP credit. If you are currently enrolled in a foreign language course, you are not allowed to test for a higher level course within the same semester. The maximum credits allowed (through any combination of examinations) are 32 semester hours.
Students will need to arrive to the testing lab (Fletcher Admin Center room #103) at least 15 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment. You are allowed 90 minutes per CLEP Exam, allow 2 hours per CLEP exam for signing and seating arrangements.
- You will need to provide your printed registration ticket.
- A valid driver's license, military ID and/or a passport are acceptable forms of ID and are required to test, expired documents are not allowed.
- No calculators are required, an online scientific calculator will be available on the exam.
- Electronic devices such as cell phones, tablets, MP3 players and smart watches, etc. are not allowed inside the testing room. Anyone carrying any of these items will not be allowed into the testing room.
If you do not have anywhere to leave your electronics, you can bring your own pad lock and use the lockers outside of the testing room. Please click on the link below to see what lock is compatible with the testing site's lockers.
CLEP Approved pad lock
|CLEP Exam Schedule - Dates are subject to change
Registration begins on scheduled dates below and closes the day before the exam. Registration times 8:00 am - 3:45 pm.
- Registration must be done in person and paid in full ($105).
- Registration closes the day before the scheduled test date (see schedule below).
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to the testing site the day of the exam.
- Those arriving after 1:30 pm will NOT be allowed to test and will need to reschedule on the following registration date.
||REGISTRATION DATES AND TIMES
|Tuesday, December 5
||Friday, December 1
|Thursday, December 7 - FULL
||Monday, December 4
This schedule has been carefully prepared; however, changes may result in deviation from the information above. For exam descriptions and study material, please visit the following website www.collegeboard.com\clep for an official score report, please contact the College Board at 1800-257-9558. Should you have any questions or require further information regarding CLEP contact Gracie Alvarez at firstname.lastname@example.org site #6645.