English Success Center
Gonzales Hall, Room 118 and Room 122
Fall 2023 Hours
|MONDAY||8 a.m. to 4 p.m.|
|TUESDAY||8 a.m. to 4 p.m.|
|WEDNESDAY||8 a.m. to 4 p.m.|
|THURSDAY||8 a.m. to 4 p.m.|
The primary mission of the English Success Center at San Antonio College is to help students develop the reading and writing skills that will enable them to be successful in college-level courses. We specifically provide academic support for students taking the standalone INRW 0420 course and the INRW 0100 and 0201 courses that are linked to ENGL 1301.
Academic support is also available to any SAC student requiring reinforcement and review of college-level reading and writing skills.
The English Success Center (formerly Integrated Reading and Writing Center (INRW)) offers free tutoring services to all San Antonio College students. Our tutors are ready to help students build their academic English skills in any course, but we are specifically available for students who are taking the INRW-0420, INRW-0100, INRW-0201 and ENGL-1301 courses in the English department.
Our tutors can help at any stage of the assignment, from brainstorming to final revisions. We can also help students build upon their existing academic English skills through small group workshops covering a range of Academic English and Standard Written English topics. See the INRW Workshops section for more information.
If you need help from an INRW tutor, please schedule an appointment. You can schedule an appointment in-person, over the phone, or through your ACES account in Navigate. Walk-ins are also accepted when tutors are available.
For more information on scheduling an appointment through Navigate, watch the following video: https://youtu.be/AXCxK5JaNXA
The INRW Center offers one-on-one tutoring, small group tutoring, and remote tutoring through Zoom during our open hours.
The INRW Center offers small group workshops on various academic English and English grammar topics. Workshops are offered in-person in the INRW Center, and they run about 45-50 minutes long. Workshops are offered four times a day, from Monday through Thursday. No appointment is necessary, just drop-in at the scheduled workshop time and sign-in with the tutor facilitating the workshop.
See our INRW Resources section for materials and handouts related to academic English and English grammar.
- Walk-in tutoring: Students who do not have a scheduled appointment may drop-in for tutoring sessions. Walk-in tutoring is subject to staff availability.
- Computer lab: The INRW Center is an open lab with computers available for students to use. The computer lab is open to all SAC students. Headsets are available to use in the computer lab upon request.
- Printing with Go Print: INRW Center computers are connected to Go Print printing services. Students with a Go Print account can print using any of the INRW Center computers.
- Open Study Space: Students may use the INRW Center as an open study space. Additionally, INRW students may request reserve copies of course textbooks to use within the center.
- Orientations: Faculty teaching INRW-0420, or ENGL-1301 with the INRW-0100 or INRW-0201 co-requisites may request an orientation to the INRW Center for their students. Orientations can be delivered in the INRW Center or arrangements can be made for a tutor to attend your in-person or online class. Please contact us to schedule an orientation.
- Lab Use Requests: Faculty teaching INRW-0420 may reserve scheduled use of the INRW computer lab in GH-118 to complete the lab requirement. Class use may be twice a week for 30 minutes or once a week for one hour. Faculty teaching any INRW course may reserve periodic use of the computer lab as needed and may also request the assistance of an INRW tutor to help with small-group instruction. Advance notice is requested to ensure availability. To make a lab-use request, please contact the Academic Program Specialist.
Attended an INRW Center session? Leave us a comment!
Last Updated: September 5, 2023
Front Desk Phone:
Gonzales Hall (GH) 118 & 122
F2F & Remote
Academic Program Specialist
Matthew Gomez (Interim)
Phone: (210) 486-0655