Integrated Reading and Writing Center
The primary mission of the INRW Center at San Antonio College is to help students develop the reading and writing skills that will enable them to be successful in college-level courses. We specifically provide academic support for students taking ENGL 1301 courses, especially those linked with an INRW course, as well as the standalone INRW 0420 course and ENGA/ESL courses. Academic support is also available to any SAC student requiring reinforcement and review of college-level reading and writing skills.
We are located in GH 118 and GH 122. Students can call 210-486-1616 to set up tutoring appointments or to get more information about our services.
Regular Semester Hours
Monday - Thursday: 8 am - 4 pm
Fridays @ the Loftin: 9 am - 2 pm
INRW Center Services
All sessions and activities last 50-60 minutes.
- Our tutors provide instructional and informative guidance during all stages of the reading and writing processes. Students should print out and bring in assignment sheets and completed work that is to be reviewed. Tutoring sessions can also be scheduled to review workshop topics.
- Scheduled tutoring sessions are highly recommended as walk-ins are accepted only if a tutor is available. Appointments may also be rescheduled if students are more than ten minutes late.
- INRW Workshops focus on foundational college reading and writing skills, and topics range from basic syntax to MLA documentation.
- A monthly calendar of topics and times is available at the front desk and also on Instagram and Twitter: inrwcentersac.
- Workshops are capped at six students and closed after ten minutes, so arrive early.
Open Study Space
- The INRW Center contains a computer lab and a study area that are open to all SAC students.
- Printing is available with online GoPrint accounts.
- Some course texbooks are also available for use in the center.