Integrated Reading and Writing Center
The primary mission of the INRW Center at San Antonio College is to provide academic support for students taking developmental integrated reading and writing courses, especially those with an independent lab requirement. We help students develop the reading and writing skills that will enable them to be successful in college-level courses.
We are located in GH 118 and GH 122. Students can call 210-486-1616 to set up tutoring appointments or to get more information about our services.
Regular Semester Hours
Monday - Thursday: 8 am - 4 pm
Friday - Sunday: Closed
INRW Center Services
All sessions and activities last 50-60 minutes.
INRW Tutoring Sessions
- Our tutors provide instructional and informative guidance during all stages of the reading and writing processes. INRW students can bring in any assignment to work on with a tutor. Tutoring sessions can also be scheduled to review workshop topics.
- Scheduled tutoring sessions are highly recommended as walk-ins are accepted only if a tutor is available.
- INRW workshops focus on various reading and writing skills. We offer three workshops at different times throughout the day. Topics range from MLA documentation to subject-verb agreement. A calendar of workshop topics is published monthly.
- INRW workshops are open to all SAC students if space is available, but INRW students are given priority.
- Guided Reading and Guided Writing workshops are capped at six students. Other workshops are capped at ten students. Workshops are closed after ten minutes.
INRW Supervised Study
- INRW students can come to the INRW Center to work on their assignments and receive support from a tutor. The tutor can provide guidance, answer questions, and give feedback. INRW students wanting sustained one-on-one support, however, should schedule a tutoring session.
Open Study Space
- The INRW Center contains a computer lab and a study area that are open to all SAC students.
- All students may print using online GoPrint accounts.