MESA Membership is FREE and available to ALL STEM majors
Note: Because of the current social-distancing requirement as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the MESA project room is closed indefinitely. Once the campus resumes regular face-to-face operations, the room will reopen.
Students, who fill out an application, and become a MESA member can take advantage of extended center hours and the following benefits:
- Regular Hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday to Friday
- MESA Members Hours: 7a.m. to 10 p.m., Monday to Friday (All other times by appointment.)
- Academic Accountability – Maintain communication with academic and discipline advisors and adhere to membership requirements.
- Workshops – Gain skills and assistance through relevant workshops that include resume writing, presentation skills and public speaking.
- Guest Speakers – Industry partners, community leaders and former students serve as mentors who provide critical insight and support to STEM students.
- Experiential Learning – Participate in experiences outside of the classroom to gain additional skills in pursuit of academic/professional excellence.
- Paid Undergraduate Research – Students have a chance to participate in on-campus and off-campus research projects for hands-on, real-world experiences.
- Peer Mentors – Peer mentors assist students with professional and academic development.
- Referrals – Connections are made to provide students access to additional campus resources.
- Letters of Recommendation – Members who are in good standing can request a letter of recommendation for scholarships, internships and transfer.
- STEM-related updates – Timely information is provided regarding scholarship, internship, employment and transfer opportunities.
- Great Study space!
How to become a Member
- STEM major (For a list of majors visit the MESA homepage.)
- Register with us on AlamoExperience through ACES.
- Attend a MESA Orientation
- Meet with a STEM Advisor once a semester
- Volunteer for at least one MESA-sponsored event a semester
- Apply to at least one transfer institution
- Apply for one scholarship a month or four a semester
- Become an active member of a STEM student organization
- Participate in at least five activities (workshops, guest speakers, tutoring, peer mentoring, clubs)
To begin the membership process:
- Login to ACES and click on AlamoExperience
- Search for MESA and join.
- After joining, fill out New Member Application or Returning/Renewal Member Application
- After approval, attend a mandatory orientation with a MESA Center staff person.
* If you have any questions or would like an overview of AlamoExperience, reach out to a MESA Center staff member. For more information, email Dee Dixon at Ldixon4@alamo.edu.
Contact: Dee Dixon
Chance Academic Center, Room 204A
MESA Main Phone: 486-0598
Hours of Operation:
Non-members Monday-Friday 7 am - 5 pm
Members 7 am -10 pm