San Antonio College is committed to doing everything possible to ease your transition from on-site classes to remote learning. The resources below will assist you as you continue your academic journey online this semester. We also have SAC Staff Members that can help with general questions in a Student Remote Information Center. Live virtual offices are only available during certain hours and may have various wait times. You should receive a response within 24 hours.
There's still time to enroll in Flex 2 courses! Classes start march 30th! Register in ACES until March 31st.
- March 27, 2020 Student Update
- March 23, 2020 Student Update
- March 19, 2020 Student Update
- District Student Resources
Student Wifi Parking Access
Parking Lot 16 (Right outside of the Moody Learning Center)
Mobile SAC App
Download the MobileSAC app for more links and resources.
New Student Enrollment
New Student Enrollment pages in English and Spanish:
New Student Orientation
New student Orientation in English and Spanish:
Virtual Welcome Center
San Antonio College Advising is committed to providing you with quality virtual advising. Click below for instruction on scheduling a Zoom appointment with your Certified Advisor.
- Log in to your ACES Account
- Click on the "Start Here" tab
- Select the "Alamo NAVIGATE" icon
- Click "Login"
- Select the "Appointments" tab
- Select "Schedule an Appointment"
- Select the Reason for your appointment and hit Next
- Select the Location and hit Next
- Select the Day and Time that works for you and hit Next
- Enter "Zoom Appointment" in the Notes box
- Review the selection and confirm your appointment
Student Support via Email (Sacfirstname.lastname@example.org) for general questions.
Additionally, you may contact your Advising Institute by email for assistance with setting up your Zoom appointment.
Business and Public Service
|Health and Bioscience
|Creative Communications and Art
|Science and Technology (STEM)
All general advising inquiries can be directed to email@example.com. Thank you.
To get support with the following dSS services: Academic advising, Course accommodations, TSI Testing, Group Advising, Tutoring for math classes or Assistance with online adaptive resources, please contact us at sac-dSSstudent@alamo.edu or call (210) 486-0020.
The student advocacy centers will continue to support our students by providing wraparound support services virtually. We help with issues that are outside the classroom. We will provide online counseling and case management support as well as emergency aid and access to community resources.
Please contact the Alamo Colleges Advocacy Helpline at 210-486-1111 8am-7pm M-Th and Fri 8am-5pm.
San Antonio College offers several opportunities for high school students to get a head start on their college education.
The Alamo Colleges offer a variety of credentials including degrees/programs, certificates and pre-major/transfer areas of study.
For VA and Military Affiliated Students assistance, please call 210-486-0111 or email SAC-VA@alamo.edu and your inquiry will be directed to the appropriate staff member to assist you.
The SAC Cares office will continue to support students, faculty, and staff remotely until further notice. For assistance with petitions, non-academic grievances, or Title IX holds please contact the SAC Cares office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need remote assistance with your technology, we have compiled a list of tips just for you. Click below for some remote assistance tips.
Tech Support Remote Information
Monday - Friday / 8am - 4:30pm
* Click on link to be directed to Zoom Meeting Room
In preparation for remote learning, SAC students are strongly encouraged to take the one hour training called Remote Ready Boot Camp: Student, which is available in Canvas.
Intstructional Video (try different browsers for any issues)
The Office of Student Life (OSL) offers dozens of ways for you to interact with the SAC Community 24/7.
Netiquette, simply defined, means etiquette on the Internet. In an online course, you will be speaking through writing both to fellow students and instructors. It is imperative to communicate well and professionally. The golden rule of netiquette in an online class or environment is, do not do or say online what you would not do or say offline.
- Be friendly, positive and self-reflective. When people cannot see you, and do not know you, feelings can be hurt if you are not careful how you express yourself. Think before you write. Do not respond when you feel angry. Wait. Write it down somewhere and come back to it. When you do, you may find that you no longer feel the same way, after you have had time to reflect. If you still feel the need to be heard, then take time to reread and rewrite it in terms that are easily embraced. When you feel a critique is necessary, express yourself in a positive tone.
- Use proper language and titles. Do not use “text” slang or even profane words in an online education environments they will likely sound offensive to the reader. Leave the characters like smiley faces, and instant message abbreviations out. They may be interpreted as childish or too casual for the online education environment. Do not refer to your professor as "Doc" or by his or her first name, unless it is acceptable with him or her to do so. Do not use caps lock when writing, as it insinuates yelling. Always say please and thank you.
- Use effective communication. This takes practice and thoughtful writing. Try to speak and write clearly at all times. Reread before you respond. Define and restate your words when necessary. Correct a misunderstanding right away. Be mindful of chosen words and joking.
- Ask for clarification. If you are unsure of what was said, or the instructor's directions, or are trying to interpret a person's expressions, then ask again. Do not sit in silence feeling confused or offended. A simple way to do this is to say (or write), "I did not understand...", always keeping the sense of the misunderstanding on yourself.
San Antonio College Distance Learning Handbook Page 8
If there is a long wait in any of the virtual rooms, please try a different one. You can also reach us via email at email@example.com for general questions.
Zoom Virtual Office - Room #1 - Live from 7am-7pm (M-F) and 9am-1pm (Saturday)
Quick Connect: https://alamo.zoom.us/j/442815819
Dial-in by Phone: (301)715-8592
Meeting ID:442 815 819
Zoom Virtual Office - Room #2 - Live from 8am-5pm (M-F)
Quick Connect: https://alamo.zoom.us/j/556369110
Dial-in by Phone: (301)715-8592
Meeting ID: 556 369 110