Events at Scobee
Campus protocols for public health and safety require a temperature check and an affirmation that the guests have none of the symptoms listed below. Anyone with a 100.1˚F temperature or higher will not be permitted to attend the summit and a staff member will provide a temperature check at the doors of the center. Physical distancing & face masks are strongly encouraged in group settings, but may not be required on the campus.
In addition to a temperature check, the campus asks regarding the following potential COVID-19 symptoms.
If anyone experiences these symptoms, please stay home.
- A temperature of 100˚F or higher.
- Sore throat
- New or worsening cough
- Loss of taste or smell
- New or worsening shortness of breath
- Known contact with someone tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Travel outside of the U.S. within the past 14 days
- Muscle pain
News & Events:
- New Associate Director of Instruction Position to oversee the Challenger & Micronaut programs posted until January 24th
- Presentation at the State of Texas STEM Educator conference Feb 25-26
- Eileen Collins presentation and Book Signing Event Friday, March 11
- Alamo STEM Ecosystem Educator Conference Saturday, March 26
For more information or to make a field trip reservation, contact:
Monica Gutierrez, Administrative Services Specialist
Reservations Email: sac-ScobeeCtr@alamo.edu
Rick Varner, Center Director
For information regarding sponsorship of events, programs, or exhibits, contact:
Natasha Sobers, Coordinator of Program Development
For more information about the Scobee Planetarium, contact:
Michelle Risse, Planétarium Coordinator
For more information about Challenger Learning Center missions and education programs, contact:
Jennifer Becerra, Lead Flight Director/Academic Program Coordinator
Celina Terrones, Academic Program Specialist
Campus mailing address (not physical location)
San Antonio College campus
1819 N. Main Ave
San Antonio, TX 78212
Physically located approximately 1 block east of the intersection of San Pedro Ave. and West Park Street. Enter campus east on W. Park Ave. Free parking in non-reserved spaces is available in Lot 21 and Lot 29. Look for the large blue Charlie Cheever Jr Star Tower across Lot 21 to your left.