Welcome to the TRIO Veterans Student Support Services (Project Valor)!
The TRiO VSSS program is offered at no cost to students and provides additional support while at San Antonio College, in an effort to help you graduate. Only 120 veterans students are allowed into this federally funded program! If accepted, you will receive specialized services designed for our participants.
The many benefits of participating include:
- Tutoring: tutors are available by appointment or walk-in;
- Peer Mentor Program: peer mentoring for first year students;
- Fall Summer Bridge: participants attending our annual “Bridge” will develop team building and leadership skills, while preparing for a successful entrance into SAC, participants will meet their mentors and other first-year TRiO students;
- Advising & Counseling: students will meet with TRiO advisors to enhance their academic experience from first year through graduation;
- Academic Workshops: workshops will be provided for participants to include personal growth, financial literacy, career guidance, academic skills, and scholarship search;
- Access to Computer/Study Lab: students have exclusive access to The Lab, a computer/study lab for TRiO.
Qualified applicants will have one (or more) of the following:
- Veterans DD 214 Form to verify curent military status (no exceptions)
- Qualifying financial status (see application)
- First-generation status (neither parent has graduated from a 4-year institution)
- A learning or physical disability (students have registered with SAC Student Disability Services)