St. Philip's College, founded in 1898, is a comprehensive public community college whose mission is to empower our diverse student population through educational achievement and career readiness. As a Historically Black College and Hispanic Serving Institution, St. Philip's College is a vital facet of the community, responding to the needs of a population rich in ethnic, cultural, and socio-economic diversity. St. Philip's College creates an environment fostering excellence in academic and technical achievement while expanding its commitment to opportunity and access.
The college fulfills its mission by offering:
- General courses in arts and sciences leading to an associate degree.
- Transfer education for students desiring to attend senior institutions.
- Developmental courses that improve the basic skills of students whose academic foundations require strengthening.
- Applied Science and technical programs leading to an associate degree or certificate designed to prepare students for employment and/or to update crucial skills.
- Workforce and Career development training programs for business, industry and government.
- Continuing education programs for occupational and educational enrichment or certification.
- Counseling and guidance designed to assist students in achieving their educational and professional goals.
- Educational support services including library services, tutoring, open use computer labs and writing center.
- Services and appropriate accommodations for special populations, to include adult literacy and distance education.
- Quality social, cultural, and intellectual enrichment experiences for the community.
- Opportunities for participation in community service and economic development projects.