Empowering Males to Build Opportunities for Developing Independence
The program is designed to collaborate with established organizations and agencies to address the plight of an often over-looked demographic: young men of color. EMBODI is designed to address these issues through dialogue, and recommendations for change and action. The EMBODI conference was selected
to be featured as a Tri-Centenntial event for the City of San Antonio.
- What: 9th Annual EMBODI Men of Color Conference
- When: Saturday, May 4, 2019; 7:45am–2:30pm
- Where: St. Philip's College Heritage Room (in the Campus Center) and Watson Fine Arts Auditorium
- Cost: Event is FREE!!
- Theme: Inspiring Men of Valor
- Sponsored by: SPC, NLC, NVC, the San Antonio Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta sorority, Incorporated, and the Myra Davis Hemmings Resource Center
- Participants: Middle School, High School, and College Men
- EMBODI Conference at a Glance: How can we inspire conference attendees to be/continue to be Men of Valor?
Males who are high school seniors or college students are invited to participate in an essay contest.
Essay Prompt: What is your definition of a “man of valor?” How does the definition line up with your own personal priorities and practices? Also, provide what you do that exemplifies you are a man of valor or you can use your definition to describe someone you know that you feel fits this definition.
- (2) $500 Scholarships – St. Philip's College
- (2) $500 Scholarship – The San Antonio Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- (1) $500 Scholarship – Northeast Lakeview College
Please submit essays to Dr. Dollie Hudspeth (firstname.lastname@example.org). You must attend the conference to pick up your scholarship. If you cannot attend, you must send a representative to receive the scholarship.
This scholarship event is a collaboration between the following partners:
- St. Philip's College,
- Northeast Lakeview College,
- Northwest Vista College,
- the San Antonio Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated,
- and the Myra Davis Hemmings Resource Center.