Empowering Males to Build Opportunities for Developing Independence
The program is designed to collaborate with established organizations and agencies to address the plight of an often-overlooked demographic: young men of color. EMBODI is designed to address these issues through dialogue, and recommendations for change and action.
- What: 11th Annual EMBODI Men of Color Conference
- When: Saturday, October 3, 2020, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
- Where: Virtual Conference
- Cost: Event is FREE!!
- Theme: A Decade of Excellence: Where Do We Go From Here?
- Sponsored by: SPC, NLC, NVC, PAC, the San Antonio Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated, and the Myra Davis Hemmings Resource Center
- Participants: Middle School, High School, and College Men
- EMBODI Conference at a Glance: How can we inspire conference attendees to be/continue to be Men of Character?
Males who are high school seniors or college students are invited to participate in a video essay contest.
Essay/Video Contest Theme: “The Future is in Your Hands”
Men of color will face numerous challenges in the second decade of the 21st Century. There is the threat of police brutality, lower economic viability, social media’s influence, etc.
In an essay of 1 ½ - 2 pages double spaced or a 3-5 minute video, explain what you feel may be the greatest challenge facing you in the next decade and how you will face this challenge.
- (2) $500 Scholarships – St. Philip's College
- (2) $500 Scholarship – The San Antonio Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- (1) $500 Scholarship – Northeast Lakeview College
- (2) $500 Scholarships – Palo Alto College
Please submit essays to Dr. Angela McPherson Williams (email@example.com). You must attend the conference to pick up your scholarship. If you cannot attend, you must send a representative to receive the scholarship.
This scholarship event is a collaboration between the following partners:
- St. Philip's College,
- Northeast Lakeview College,
- Northwest Vista College,
- Palo Alto College,
- the San Antonio Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated,
- and the Myra Davis Hemmings Resource Center.