Individual Research Assistance Program
Librarians can help you find resources and much more! We can also help you with citing the information you use for your assignments.
Note: This service is provided exclusively for SPC students registered at either Southwest or Martin Luther King campuses.
- The program is for students who require one-on-one assistance with research for their class assignments or projects. A librarian will be assigned to meet with the student at a mutually agreed time in the library for a maximum of one hour.
- IRA appointments are to be scheduled in conjunction with a student’s assignment as soon as the student learns of the assignment. It is important to schedule the appointment with enough time to establish an appropriate timeline and to meet the assignment due date.
- Students must submit a copy of the assignment instructions along with the IRA request. Absolutely no appointments will be made without submission of the assignment instructions.
- The intent of this program is to teach students how to utilize the library’s resources to successfully complete their assignments. Please note that while librarians will help guide students in the research process, they will not complete the research or the assignment for the student.
- It is not the intent of this program to edit a student’s paper. Students can submit their writing sample to Smarthinking via the courses tab in their ACES account for help with editing and revisions.
- If you do not receive a response within 24 hours to your request, use this link Ask-A-Librarian.
IRA Request Form
To make an IRA appointment, please fill out the Individual Research Assistance form