Vocalist Auditions for Carmina Burana at SPC Dec. 5 and Jan. 8
December 3, 2018
Public Information Officer
ST. PHILIP’S COLLEGE FINE ARTS DEPARTMENT ANNOUNCES VOCALIST AUDITIONS FOR 2019 PRODUCTION OF CARL ORFF’S CARMINA BURANA DEC. 5 AND JAN. 8, FREE ART EXHIBITION, CHOIR, JAZZ BAND AND VOICE CONCERTS DEC. 3-7
St. Philip's College announced today that the college is auditioning vocalists for its 2019 production of the Carl Orff masterpiece Carmina Burana Dec. 5 and Jan. 28 from 7-8:30 p.m. in Room 104 of the college's Watson Fine Arts Center at 1801 Martin Luther King Drive. All are welcome and no prior experience is necessary in order to audition. The Carmina Burana performance dates are April 11 and April 13. For more details call or email Erick Schmidt, college music director, at 210-486-2326 or email@example.com.
With the announcement on Carmina Burana auditions and dates, the holiday season of events at the Watson Fine Arts Center has been updated and sees great activity next week with free Art Exhibition, Choir, Jazz Band and Voice concerts scheduled Dec. 3-7. With event status for 2019 events evolving regularly, it’s best to contact college technical director-auditorium manager Russell Calder at (210) 486-2706, firstname.lastname@example.org for details and updates or visit select events at the college event e-Calendar:
- Dec. 3-5 | St. Philip’s College Fine Arts Student and Faculty Art Installation Consisting of Multiple Rotating Displays** | Weekdays | Free
- Dec. 4 | 7 p.m. | SPC Choir Concert | Free
- Dec. 6 | 7 p.m. | SPC Jazz Band Concert | Free
- Dec. 7 | 7 p.m. | SPC Voice Recital | Free
- Dec. 16 | SPC San Antonio Youth Wind Ensemble Holiday Concert | Contact Mr. Calder for updates on event times | Free
- Jan. 30-Feb 1 | Rehearsals for San Antonio Symphony Residency at St. Philip’s College are open to public viewing | Contact the Symphony for updates on rehearsal times | Free
- Feb. 2 | 7 p.m. | San Antonio Symphony Residency at St. Philip’s College Performance | Free
- April 11 and 13 | SPC Theater: Carmina Burana** | 8 p.m. | Contact the college for updates on pricing
** An SPC debut
The first step to joining the conversation on St. Philip’s College events as an audience or production member or as a facility user begins by reaching out to the St. Philip’s College Fine Arts Department Team at 210-486-2205.