2019-2020 Jessica's Project
February 27, 2019
ST. PHILIP'S COLLEGE ANNOUNCES 2019-2020 JESSICA'S PROJECT SEASON NINE OF ENGAGING AND GIVING BACK WHILE ADDRESSING LOCAL HEALTH ISSUES
St. Philip’s College announced today the medical projects all are welcome to observe during Season Nine of Jessica's Project activities that will allow hundreds of guests and students to give back while addressing local health issues, both from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the college’s Watson Fine Arts Center at 1801 Martin Luther King Drive.
- The Spring 2019 Jessica's Project themed Mental Health Matters! is April 18
- The Fall 2020 Jessica's Project is themed Teenage and Unplanned Pregnancy with an event date to be announced online in coming months
Education and outreach on both mental health and several related topics with prevention and intervention themes are elements of the college's larger commitment to transforming socio-economic conditions for residents surrounding its main campus by improving education opportunities, according to Nfor.
The community partners in the Spring 2019 Jessica's Project event include UT Health San Antonio, National Alliance on Mental Illness and Deer Oaks. Keynote speakers in Jessica's Project Season Nine: Mental Health Matters! announced as of Feb. 25 include:
- Judge Grace Uzomba who practices Therapeutic Justice at Bexar County Court # 2 for victims of abuse as well as for those afflicted with the co-occurring problems of mental illness coupled with addiction
- Dr. Linda Hawkins who retired as Western Regional Medical Director for Aetna Behavioral health. Hawkins has served as psychiatrist for the forensic unit at San Antonio State Hospital, and has served on the Dangerous Review Board for Texas Department of State Health Services. Hawkins was also psychiatrist at Methodist Hospital and for the Warrior Clinic at BAMC.
- College faculty member Dr. Jenn Osborne
- College employee Eitandria G. Tello
For details on attending or participating in the season of studies and community engagement, contact Nfor at 210-486-2754 or email@example.com.