SPC Operations COVID Recovery Plan
July 14, 2020
St. Philip’s College
COVID-19 Recovery Operations Plan
Recovery Levels IV and III
Summer 2020 - Fall 2020 - Spring 2021
Planning and Implementation
In spring 2020, all face to face course sections moved to a remote environment due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Additionally, faculty and staff transitioned to working remotely and most on-campus activities transitioned into a remote environment. In summer 2020 critical Career and Technical Education (CTE) courses were offered either onsite or in a clinical setting to provide student continuity of instruction and completion.
The purpose of the St Philip’s College COVID-19 Recovery Operations Plan (SPC Recovery Plan) is to identify priorities, key activities, schedules, procedures, processes, and training needed to implement a phased-in approach to returning to on-site learning and working for students, faculty, staff, and vendors. Our goal is to provide an environment that is as safe as possible for all community members while continuing to provide educational opportunities that foster excellence in academic and technical achievement. Today’s plan provides a framework for the Fall and Spring 2020 terms that is designed to accommodate the dynamic environment we’re facing and enable us to adapt to changes in the prevalence of COVID-19.
The plan is predicated on guidelines, drafted by a district support and cross-college team, titled “Incident Command System COVID-19 Recovery Operations Plan, 2020-2021.”
The SPC Recovery Plan identifies details within each Level for students, faculty, staff, and vendors to transition back to on-site learning and working. The current focus of the plan is on the Summer and Fall terms of 2020 and the Spring 2021. The development of this plan was a cross-college collaborative effort among representatives of the college’s Academic Success, Student Success, and College Services/Risk Management areas.
- Health and Safety
- Key consideration for decision making is the health and safety for students and employees
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) needs on campus will be provided
- Student success and completion remain key priorities
- Technology needs will be provided for students to continue to learn and for employees to continue to work remotely
- Criteria within each Level is identified to make informed decisions
- Call to Conversation: COVID-19 Remote Work College Update Plan Video (AlamoShare Login Required)